• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic 2021-2022 Mid-Atlantic Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Closer to home...

Meanwhile back at home, conditions report. Snow folowed by sneet right now. Here's the thing. It almost never snows around here but I do see plastic sleds and saucers in the thrift stores from time to time.. usually for a DOLLAR so I buy them. My kids are grown, one still finishing high school so don't need a shed foll of plastic sleds.

I live in a neighborhood packed with people fairly new to America. Most of these kids have NEVER experienced a snow day. So, when that rare event happens, I put out a couple of the plastic saucer sleds for them to play with.. I also had some gloves my kids have outgrown.. Hope they have fun!

1642356671038.png

1642356687531.png

Yes, there is risk providing neighbor kids with "dangerous toys". Mrs scolded me for actually handing them to the kids instead of just leaving them at the curb anonymously.

TS
johnnyvw

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Well, the prediction was for over a foot between today and tomorrow, and Tuesday is predicted to be sunny with fairly calm winds. Sounds pretty nice to me :ogbiggrin:

jdm00

Putting on skis
Skier
Incredibly windy at Snowshoe today. It started snowing around 10 and is still coming down. I don't know what we've gotten so far--maybe 10" or so? Hard to tell with all the blowing. Conditions out there were pretty rough, though. And they were blowing snow on some open trails (smart, I am sure, but it was whiteout conditions between the gusts and the snowmaking at times). I do think the wind (and accompanying cold) actually kept the crowds down just a bit.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Ten day forecast is a bit long. I wonder how accurate it has been. I think a 7 day forecast is even a tuff call.
I am thinking about Blue Mountain PA one week from today and I have my doubts about a forecast for next week.
The forecast looks bad for Thursday so I moved my trip to Blue mountain one day, so Wednesday of this week I will be at Blue mountain. If anybody is around it would be great to take some runs. Drop me a PM if you are going to be at Blue and want to meet up.

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
I think daytrip from Bull City to Wintergreen on Friday, leave here by 6am sharp, leave there by 3 pm. Might require take out from Blue Ridge Pig. Anyone interested ?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I think daytrip from Bull City to Wintergreen on Friday, leave here by 6am sharp, leave there by 3 pm. Might require take out from Blue Ridge Pig. Anyone interested ?
That should be exciting.. the drive back especially! I'm already locked in to be the winter capable transportation for my daughter's high school theater production performances Thurs, Fri and Saturday night. I'll be shuttling kids, costumes, equipment, etc.

I've done that trip up 501 when dumping a couple times.. Usually not too bad except the last 20 miles in and out. I know you got this though..

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
damn that's tempting...

Are they expecting snow on Friday- checking the weather and it looks like they aren't getting hit by this storm. Might see a little snow Thursday afternoon/evening.

Last edited:

wgo

Getting off the lift
Skier
If I hadn't just taken a day off to ski Timberline I would be tempted - especially if Blue Ridge Pig is involved.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
damn that's tempting...

Are they expecting snow on Friday- checking the weather and it looks like they aren't getting hit by this storm. Might see a little snow Thursday afternoon/evening.
How odd.. It's like the snow is trying to avoid the mountains :-(

1642620284745.png

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
It will be cold enough for all the guns to be running though..

1642620439219.png

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
yeah I noted that snow-hole in my planning but ---- in our locale, we takes what we can gets.

TS
johnnyvw

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yeah, and then Friday the RDU area is getting snow...just in time for me to make a trip with more stuff for storage ahead of our move. What was that about warm weather down south ?? :roflmao:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'm used to seeing storms hit the mountains then fall apart. I don't think I've EVER seen a storm where everyone all around all sides BUT the mountains gets snow???? I never even imagined that scenario was possible??? WT actual F????

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I went to Blue Mountain today, conditions on the side of the summit lodge were good. The side on the base lodge needed a fair amount of grooming. Some trails that looked like they had made a lot of snow but we're closed because they needed to be groomed. The new trail was not groomed and I think they didn't want anyone on it but they didn't want to fully close it either.

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
WG today. HARDPACK CRUNCH SUPREME. Cold. No lines to speak of. Really good dsy
Blue Ridge Pig rules. Pipe and Chip.
905288A7-9ECE-4B4F-8A11-F0952299DA42.jpeg
no action shots but Chip skis a very smooth classic style while Pipe flails on sketch side scrub.

Status
Not open for further replies.