• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic 2021-2022 Mid-Atlantic Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
johnnyvw

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Beech announced upgrades coming this summer, including a quad replacing a double, more snowmaking, and converting some terrain.

Let's hope they're doing something to protect the pipe system :geek:

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm not loving this Beech plan.
= Good = Replace lift 1 which has one of the worst off load ramps anywhere.
= Bad. = Moving the terrain park to powder bowl - which one - upper, lower, both ? I did not like when it was in lower powder bowl.
= Ugly. = Beginners on the old terrain park - How are they going to get all the way over from the rental shop and day lodge?

Beech on Saturday would be great .... but I have a wedding to attend. humbug.

SCWVA

Spent a little time on the mountain
Skier
The Indy Pass now includes two passes to a number of XC ski areas including two Whitegrass.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
The Indy Pass now includes two passes to a number of XC ski areas including two Whitegrass.

WG and Jackson and Waterville Valley and Woodstock and ...High Point !!!! It's like they've been watching my Strava :D

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'm not loving this Beech plan.
= Good = Replace lift 1 which has one of the worst off load ramps anywhere.
= Bad. = Moving the terrain park to powder bowl - which one - upper, lower, both ? I did not like when it was in lower powder bowl.
= Ugly. = Beginners on the old terrain park - How are they going to get all the way over from the rental shop and day lodge?
+100... But I never liked the main lodge all the way over at the opposite end from the detachable either

jdm00

Putting on skis
Skier
For you Snowshoe folks (like me), not sure if you've seen, but the Shavers Center roof collapsed and the building will be replaced. But not in time for this winter, I am guessing.

Also, I believe they are putting a four-seater on the Powder Monkey lift, replacing the current three-seater. Still going to remain a fixed grip, though. But that should be a nice little upgrade to the current capacity.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
For you Snowshoe folks (like me), not sure if you've seen, but the Shavers Center roof collapsed and the building will be replaced. But not in time for this winter, I am guessing.

Also, I believe they are putting a four-seater on the Powder Monkey lift, replacing the current three-seater. Still going to remain a fixed grip, though. But that should be a nice little upgrade to the current capacity.

That would be good to post in a 2022-2023 thread... anyone want to start one?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
New thread has kicked off with some Snowshoe news reposted from above... see it here:

Status
Not open for further replies.