• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic 2021-2022 Mid-Atlantic Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

theNitza

Justin
Skier
Has anyone noticed an increase in taxes/fees when booking lodging at Snowshoe? I was looking at lodging mid-December for their Flurry of Savings deal, and they were 50% of the total cost. Perhaps my memory is failing me, but I feel like it was ≈30% in the past.

Woodsrider427

Getting on the lift
Skier
Has anyone noticed an increase in taxes/fees when booking lodging at Snowshoe? I was looking at lodging mid-December for their Flurry of Savings deal, and they were 50% of the total cost. Perhaps my memory is failing me, but I feel like it was ≈30% in the past.

Yes, absolutely ridiculous. I looked to book 3 nights in December (15th-18th) at Expedition Station and it was $356 for the room and $198 for taxes and fees. So about 55% taxes/fees, insane.

For comparison, I stayed last year in the same room from 12/20-12/23 and it was $432 total ($302 rate and $130 taxes/fees, so about 43% taxes/fees). So rates and fees way up, I guess like everything else.

So I am likely not going, that is way too much for me to ski a few days at Snowshoe.

SCWVA

Spent a little time on the mountain
Skier
Just talked to the mayor. He and I nominate @Dean and dbostedo as the Gathermister. ogwink

With two trips already booked, and hoping to spend Feb in CT, may not be in WV from MLKish to second week of March.

With two trips already booked, and hoping to spend Feb in CT, may not be in WV from MLKish to second week of March.
Dang, Big Brother lives...... :)

Debostedo, you volunteer for the Gathermeister, the Mayor and I will give you a tour of the Valley. Weather permitting, it might include some non-lift served skiing.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Debostedo, you volunteer for the Gathermeister, the Mayor and I will give you a tour of the Valley. Weather permitting, it might include some non-lift served skiing.
I appreciate the offer! But I'm just fine with lift served skiing. :) But I do hope we get a mid-A Gathering together in the valley... so I'll just throw this out there. Personally, my only free weekends in Jan/Feb/early March that aren't holiday weekends are:

Jan 8th
Feb 5th
Feb 12th
Mar 12th

March 12th may be pushing it depending how the season is going. Is Jan 8th too early? The two February weekends are probably the best targets. Anyone else have any thoughts on that?

Ice2Pow

Booting up
Skier
Dang, Big Brother lives...... :)

I'm intrigued. The pipeline trail? Or something different?
You could tell me but you'd have to kill me?
:)

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Well I dropped my skis off at the shop today for binding checks and to get waxed... makes it feel like winter is closer! :)

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Well I dropped my skis off at the shop today for binding checks and to get waxed... makes it feel like winter is closer! :)

Several random hundred other skiers dropped by the other location - imagine a 2.5 hour checkout line. Not even remotely exaggerating.\

Makes them feel like lift lines are closer? :huh:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Several random hundred other skiers dropped by the other location - imagine a 2.5 hour checkout line. Not even remotely exaggerating.\

Makes them feel like lift lines are closer? :huh:
Wow... the swaps I've been to in the past have not been nearly that busy. We'd better get some cold and snow (or at least cold) this winter!!

SCWVA

Skier
Sorry... I dropped mine off at Alpine Ski Shop in Fairfax, VA. There was a ski swap at Alpine Ski Shop in Sterling, VA.
Dang you're fast. Double posted and you replied before I could delete it. My daughter stopped by the Sterling store and said that Tline's ski patrol was still involved.

Cantunamunch,
What shop had long lines?

SCWVA

Skier
Obviously the crowds were driven by your announcement here. Don't forget to announce next Sunday's Ski Center one too :D :D

Alpine in Sterling - the Timberline ski swap one.

My daughter took a friend of hers who's just getting into skiing/boarding to get some new boots and she confirmed the +2hr checkout lines. Glad to hear Alpine had a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor