• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic 2021-2022 Mid-Atlantic Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
This week through Saturday should be good for getting more terrain open.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
Liberty, Whitetail and Roundtop are re-opening tomorrow. None are listing which slopes they expect to open. The web cam views aren't working or aren't giving much encouragement. Roundtop at least shows they've groomed a good number of runs. 2"-5" of snow predicted to fall overnight, so some help from nature.

Guess I'll flip a few coins and/or check the sites again in the morning to help decide where to go.

Dean

Lawn chair sledder extraordinaire
Skier
13" at SS last night, but dang cold up there today. Looks like they're reopening some terrain. TM reporting 10-14. Keeping an eye out & looking for an overnighter in the near future... (avoiding weekend unless sun night stay)

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I was at Mnut this morning as well! Upper showtime was not open but the DJ headwall was in good shape: View attachment 154241
Yes it was... I went down lower Showtime first thing - it was very nice... nicer than DJ I think.... but I lapped DJ mostly... only skied for 2 hours though, then had to bug out. The guns being on everywhere were predictably annoying, and I forgot my ski-gee. :nono:

Would have been nice to meet up for a run @wgo... maybe some other time. :)

I'll post a few pics later I think.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Some Massanutten pics from today... I drove 2 hours, skied 2 hours, and drove 2 hours. Only got in about 10 laps, but it was very nice....

Guns run in the sun (and shade)...
Massanutten 010722 003 ACR Conv.jpg Massanutten 010722 007 ACR Conv.jpg Massanutten 010722 008 ACR Conv.jpg

First lift ride of the day...
Massanutten 010722 001 ACR Conv.jpg

Skitalk sticker shot...
Massanutten 010722 009 ACR Conv.jpg

View from the top...
Massanutten 010722 026 ACR Conv Pano2.jpg

Saw several up-hillers today...
Massanutten 010722 028 ACR Conv.jpg

Me! It was pretty cold - about 15° at 9:00... and with the blowing snow I stayed pretty well covered...
Massanutten 010722 015 ACR Conv.jpg

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
So nice to see it actually looks like winter !!!!!! You can thank me - I left for a week and this is what happens.

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
And, I love the way Canaan Valley will jump from 0 to 35 slopes open on a foot of snow. Next week they'll be back to down to 10. It's like a perfect crossbreed between Timberline and Whitegrass.

TS
johnnyvw

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Looking at the webcams for Sugar, Beech, and Applachian, they seems pretty deserted today. Is this normal for a Sunday? Or is something else causing this?

Since these will be my go to areas in the future, I'm trying to get an idea of the ebb and flow of the crowds (if there's any rhyme or reason anymore LOL)

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Looking at the webcams for Sugar, Beech, and Applachian, they seems pretty deserted today. Is this normal for a Sunday? Or is something else causing this?

Since these will be my go to areas in the future, I'm trying to get an idea of the ebb and flow of the crowds (if there's any rhyme or reason anymore LOL)
Did the weather report have people leaving early? I think we have some difficult driving weather coming in.

TS
johnnyvw

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Well, things are a bit ugly this morning here in the Poconos, that's what I was wondering. Weather related? Schools back in session next week?

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Well, things are a bit ugly this morning here in the Poconos, that's what I was wondering. Weather related? Schools back in session next week?
All of the above.
Are you planning on hitting Blue Mountain this season?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
The freezing rain and the lack of lodge storage kept most everyone away from Roundtrip. Rain stopped by 1pm, half an inch of ice on cars with in the lot.

Snow is in Good shape after being blasted to nothing yesterday. Some glade skiing available but most off-piste snow is crusty reef.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier

Non holiday break Sunday mornings are usually pretty good. Things do start backing up around 1:30 and stay busy til 5 on off peak Sundays. People are in church...

TS
johnnyvw

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
No, I don't ski at Blue anymore. Haven't been there in about 6 or 7 years
That said...I may have to revisit Blue. With Camelback having a $12 parking fee on top of their lift ticket price (and pushing senior pricing to 70) and Montage having a $79 mid-week ticket price, Blue suddenly became a much more affordable option. Since I only ski mid-week now, maybe it won't be too terrible.

Last edited:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Forecast has the next cool wet boost hitting Sunday. MLK day might be pretty good up high. We might even get some down here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor