• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Midwest 2021-2022 Midwest Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
New Quad at Troll still not running. Not sure when it will as of yet, possibly by this weekend.

They have better snow than the other local TC hills I'm hearing. I know it's better there than at Welch. We're supposed to get 1-4" this weekend which will help everyone.

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
A lady I rode up the chair with on Saturday heard They're trying for Friday.

thats is what heard as well today. Would be nice with the fresh snow and huge crowds they’ll have.

for those who don’t to know, trollhaugen stays open until 3:00 AM on Friday nights (technically Saturday morning ha!)

the crowd they get for that is something to be seen…

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
for those who don’t to know, trollhaugen stays open until 3:00 AM on Friday nights (technically Saturday morning ha!)

Did this a few times at Cascade in the late 80s. Don't know if I was part of the crowd to be seen or not. :)

Mister Tea

The skier formerly known as Walt
Skier
Nubs opened the Southern Comfort and Bayview glades today. They made a massive amount of snow on Pintail Peak so perhaps the Pintail Glade got enough spillover to open - it wasn't open today since they were still grooming out Blue Line and Goosebumps.

Coverage is thin in the glades. Plenty of snow elsewhere.

Last edited:

Beach Bum

Getting off the lift
Skier
Debating between Chestnut (my usual), Cascade, or Tyrol Basin for Monday. Equidistant.

Looks like TB may not have it's better terrain open. What do you guys think?

whitefeathers

Putting on skis
Skier
Trollhaugen stays open until 3:00 AM on Friday nights (technically Saturday morning ha!)

I have never stayed that late to see what those crowds look like. The latest Ive ever made it was 10pm.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I was going to say "obviously they were just on the way to Minnesota". :D
The road goes South and North. Not obvious. Both options suck as destinations.(Except BWCA) :)

Last edited:

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have never stayed that late to see what those crowds look like. The latest Ive ever made it was 10pm.

The latest I ever made it was around 1:45am. It's a complete shit show. You can catch a buzz just walking to your car there's so much pot smoke :roflmao:

They get a LOT of park riding snowboarders for those friday nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor