• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Midwest 2021-2022 Midwest Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Here's a nice write up for the midwest by onthesnow:

it seems there's quite a bit of nice little improvements across the region that shows snow making equipt is a popular adder/upgrade.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
TS
Dwight

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I see Pewaukee has a new indoor ski/snowboard simulator. Anyone try this system?

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I see Pewaukee has a new indoor ski/snowboard simulator. Anyone try this system?
cool, I drive right by most every time I drive to my daughters. Very temping to give it a try.

Toss a virtual reality headset on verses a screen. It'd be interesting to see how nice the screen looks.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

looks like the same machine as in Pewaukee

Last edited:

afski722

Getting off the lift
Skier
It was 25 this morning and the first real frost out at my house in western Oakland County, not too far away from Alpine Valley.
This will turn and drop the leaves now, which I feel like are about 2-3 weeks later than normal this year.
No real sustained cold nights in the LP at least over the next 7-10 days but overall weather pattern is fairly seasonal for this time of the year.
Highs in the 40s/50s and Lows in the 30s.

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
@pete........thanks for the attachments. Cool vids......those kids and the simulators makes me realize how technically challenged I really am.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@pete........thanks for the attachments. Cool vids......those kids and the simulators makes me realize how technically challenged I really am.
ditto

Mister Tea

The skier formerly known as Walt
Skier
TS
Dwight

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
The local hill. With temps to get close to 20 degrees, I'm guessing the guns will be fired up tonight.

1636897320655.png

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
Welch management has lost it's mind.........no bags or shoes allowed inside again. Now even more draconian, Welch is not allowing food allowed inside. No excuse for this. These polices lack common sense and administrative prudence. But what these policies do possess is keeping casual skiers away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.