• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2021-2022 Northeast Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It's my fault. I booked a room for Sunday night based on the Open Snow forecast. :doh:
I had the bindings tested on my powder skis with my new GW boots in anticipation, so there's that as well.

It'll be ironic if I have a better powder day at Killington than at the upcoming Taos Gathering.

Brian Likes Pow

Out on the slopes
Skier
Wildcat went ahead and shut down today. I can see it but man it doesnt take much to just that place down these days. Still 1.5 runs open(18%) and looking at the cam zero active snowmaking.

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
Wildcat went ahead and shut down today. I can see it but man it doesnt take much to just that place down these days. Still 1.5 runs open(18%) and looking at the cam zero active snowmaking.
Wait. Correct me if I'm wrong (as I often am). Isn't this good weather for snowmaking? Or is extreme cold a problem?

Our group of women just took Wildcat off of our trip and added Sunday River. That was before this news.

Brian Likes Pow

Out on the slopes
Skier
Wait. Correct me if I'm wrong (as I often am). Isn't this good weather for snowmaking? Or is extreme cold a problem?

My group of women just took Wildcat off of our trip and added Sunday River. That was before this news.
I could see it being an issue but not as big as have no snowmaking staff. FWIW they haven't really blown anything since I think Monday. We all just want our mtn back this all makes me sad.

The masses are all aware here in NH. The damage is done and a large percentage will move on. As far as I'm concerned they should be booted off the lease up there.

nemesis256

Patrick
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I could see it being an issue but not as big as have no snowmaking staff. FWIW they haven't really blown anything since I think Monday. We all just want our mtn back this all makes me sad.

The masses are all aware here in NH. The damage is done and a large percentage will move on. As far as I'm concerned they should be booted off the lease up there.
If they don't open a bunch more terrain after this storm, we'll really going to know where their heads are at. I'm sure some trails will get too much wind (Tomcat Schuss comes to mind) so I would be surprised if it was more than 80% open. But they shouldn't need much staff to open most of the mountain ungroomed.

I wonder what it would take to go to a MRG model. Big dream.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
After reading this morning's forecast we're skipping tomorrow. Pretty frustrating. Hopefully the snow they do get will turn into a solid base.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
After reading this morning's forecast we're skipping tomorrow. Pretty frustrating. Hopefully the snow they do get will turn into a solid base.
Saddleback forecast looking better than Sunday River's (except for the wind). I think you're right to think of this as a base building event, not an opportunity for a powder day.

M.L.King Day
Snow before 3pm, then snow and freezing rain. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 32. Wind chill values as low as zero. Windy, with an east wind 25 to 35 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow accumulation of 10 to 14 inches possible.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I won’t complain too much if it snows all day and lifts can manage to stay open. We will see. Drive safe and have fun.

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
7" so far.. light and fluffy in the S ADKS.. now if I can get to the Mt. plows going slowly since no school :-(

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Coastal Maine, only started snowing at 5:00am. About four or five inches on the ground but already changing over to rain. :(

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Coastal Maine, only started snowing at 5:00am. About four or five inches on the ground but already changing over to rain. :(

Any chance it will multi-wave for you in about 10-12 hours or so? It did here.

Just enough rain to wash ALL the stupid people salt off. And make walking in XC gear a boating proposition.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Any chance it will multi-wave for you in about 10-12 hours or so? It did here.

Just enough rain to wash ALL the stupid people salt off. And make walking in XC gear a boating proposition.
Nope. The rain left precisely the right amount of saturated slush to turn into a 3" thick cake of solid ice overnight - the kind that is destined to remain more or less exactly the hazard to walking it will be tomorrow morning well into crocus season.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Nope. The rain left precisely the right amount of saturated slush to turn into a 3" thick cake of solid ice overnight - the kind that is destined to remain more or less exactly the hazard to walking it will be tomorrow morning well into crocus season.

Ah, yes. Sadly too familiar with that - and the short-handled spade it calls for.

James

Out There
Instructor
Good thing you stayed in Maine. So far have not had the liquid stuff in Ludlow, VT anyway. A decent amount of snow. 8in I guess. wind kept upper lifts closed all day.

Stickiest snow on the ground I’ve seen. The slightest touch of the foot on the ground leads to 1 inch snow. I even had a kid lose his ski in the liftline about to get on and it stuck there. Lots of hoof cleaning going on. This is why no carbon poles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online