• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2021-2022 Northeast Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
The tag says New England, but the thread says "Northeast" to include eastern Canada...

Personally, I'm hoping to get back up to do some skiing in New England this season, after having missed it last year. We'll see how things go.

And the New England Gathering discussion has been going on for a while already, here: https://www.skitalk.com/threads/2022-new-england-gathering-discussion.24005/

The days are getting shorter, the weather is getting colder, and it's time to think snow!

:snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Moderators feel free and move this if it's better suited elsewhere.

I am very far removed from Vail and any of their mountains these days so while this might be old news to some, it's news to me. Nick Blaylock at Mount Snow used to be my footfitter. Sir Nick as I call him has fitted me 2x for boots and done many tweaks over the years. I just learned that bootworks has been closed and Nick has set up his own shop down the road. He's going into his second season and I'm ecstatic for him.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor

I am very far removed from Vail and any of their mountains these days so while this might be old news to some, it's news to me. Nick Blaylock at Mount Snow used to be my footfitter. Sir Nick as I call him has fitted me 2x for boots and done many tweaks over the years. I just learned that bootworks has been closed and Nick has set up his own shop down the road. He's going into his second season and I'm ecstatic for him.

Nick is always highly recommended. He's been too far for me to go to, though. So glad he's still available.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We are headed to Killington tomorrow to meet with a contractor and get a little work done on the condo. We will stay to see some fall color and have tickets for the Killington Brewfest on the 25th so looking forward to tasting Vermont's finest! My wife also wants to stop by Northern Ski Works to talk about boot heaters for her new-last-year Nordicas.

James

Out There
Instructor

Good to know.
Didn’t know he was out at Vail for awhile.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
His website says SBF at Vail. I assume that’s for Greg Hoffman. Maybe it was part time or years ago.

Hmmm guessing years ago. He's been at Mount Snow for a long as I can remember and on his own for a year now.. His website also says he is in no way affiliated with vail resorts.

Online also says Mount snow bootworks is permanently closed. I just hope Nick left on his own and wasn't screwed over in any way

Nonetheless, I'm happy he set up his own shingle. He's talented so glad he's his own boss now.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Theres a typo on his bio page. Perhaps someone could inform him. ')

Brian Likes Pow

Out on the slopes
Skier
My work slows drastically in the winter and is very busy in summer. lots of 70+ hour weeks this summer. I've informed my employers I'll only be available to work Fridays and Saturdays after December 15 take it or leave it. We also close for 4 weeks starting mid January. I'm on an Epic and Cannon pass. Stowe/Cannon/Wildcat/Sunapee are gonna be where I split my time. Really hoping we get a decent winter. Last winter I had alot of fun...That stretch midseason without the rain was real good, more of that!

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Nick and Greg Hoffman started the on-mountain Vail Ski Boot Fitting shop about 15 years ago. I skied with them and Ellen Post Foster out there. He then moved to Mount Snow.

It wasn't part time, he and Greg ran the place together.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Yes she is. Very nice and not full of herself too.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Very interesting! Is she really short?
Yes. That's Nick Herrin next to her.
Ellen Post Foster - U.S. Ski & Snowboard Hall of Fame

I've been seeing her referred to as Ellen Post these days.
Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 7.10.40 AM.png

Last edited:

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
Ellen Post was based at Jiminy Peak, when I was a kid.

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
Okemo, top of repurposed bubble quad that replaces the fixed grip Green Ridge triple.
64E8B282-F1FB-4641-91B0-3A2EE3C2D047.jpeg

65B44D72-878C-4191-941B-12F90A1491D6.jpeg
Bridge being built for crossing trail to base of bubble quad. It’s going to cross 4 trails. Not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online