• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2021-2022 Northeast Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Thanks for the update. We’ve got a friend going to Killington Friday, so that’s good intel on conditions.
Okemo just announced today their opening day this Friday and we’re in Ludlow, so we will likely go there for a few hours.
That's one intelligent looking cat. Our first (Samantha - Siamese) when I was a kid was as smart as most dogs. The rest were either dumb or too head strong.

nemesis256

Patrick
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So Wildcat is usually open by now, but they aren't. Blame the weather (seems warmer than average)? Worker shortage?

I see Bretton Woods is opening tomorrow. Are there many other mountains with a later than usual opening?

Wildcat is making snow on the lookers right side of the mountain (Catapult, Bobcat) instead of Lynx. I wonder why the change.

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
Fingers crossed the NE is going to get some snow.. Tonight, tomorrow and again Sun- Mon.. yes I'll be the eternal snow optimist

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
Not looking good.

US National Weather Service Albany NY

cft7llmpohf0msug2orehh1t82 ·
Winter Weather Advisories have been issued for the southern Adirondacks, southern Green Mountains and Rensselaer Plateau for Friday morning through early Saturday morning. Snow amounts of 3-6" are expected with locally higher amounts above 1500 feet. An inch or more is possible in the western Mohawk Valley, eastern Catskills, Helderbergs and Taconics with dustings possible elsewhere.

1637884872560.png

Brian Likes Pow

Out on the slopes
Skier
So Wildcat is usually open by now, but they aren't. Blame the weather (seems warmer than average)? Worker shortage?

I see Bretton Woods is opening tomorrow. Are there many other mountains with a later than usual opening?

Wildcat is making snow on the lookers right side of the mountain (Catapult, Bobcat) instead of Lynx. I wonder why the change.
I'm going to guess the different route means they can build multiple routes off it easier than Lynx. Or there's a snowmaking issue? The way Vail treats that hill its hard to guess...im hoping the former as it would make some sense to me. If they hold out till the 3rd to open I'll be disappointed (once again).

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Rain, snow, then wind. Sounds right to me but fingers crossed please no windhold.

Loon is sold out tommorow.

Brian Likes Pow

Out on the slopes
Skier
Wildcat webcam looking excellent. They should probably go ahead and open it up now seeing we are well past the initial date, its a holiday weekend and there's most importantly snow!

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
We picked up nine inches on the plateau. That is the elvevated area East of Troy 1500' plus. Grafton, NY. And now a pleasant breeze.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Killington received 19" of new and now has some serious wind. The World Cup GS race was just canceled after 7 racers had completed their first run.

I'll be at Mount Snow tomorrow if any SkiTalkers are game for a few runs. I'll be there from opening bell until 1:30-2p or so.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Heard through the grapevine that Stowe had the quad on windhold this morning, but they apparently got it spinning eventually.

I'm in Pennsylvania for the holiday visiting family. I'll make my initial trip up north in a week or two.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
If only Stowe were day trip distance from the in-laws' place. Alas...

Itinerant skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
Skied Cannon yesterday morning for opening day. Not too shabby for this early in the season. Never more than 1-2 chair wait. Headed to Bretton Woods for the afternoon. only a few runs open but impeccably groomed as usual, wide open and completely empty.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Skied Cannon yesterday morning for opening day. Not too shabby for this early in the season. Never more than 1-2 chair wait. Headed to Bretton Woods for the afternoon. only a few runs open but impeccably groomed as usual, wide open and completely empty.
I like Bretton Woods as an early season burn-it-in destination. However their non-participation in pass programs plus pricey day tickets make it a non-starter for me.

Itinerant skier

Out on the slopes
Skier
I like Bretton Woods as an early season burn-it-in destination. However their non-participation in pass programs plus pricey day tickets make it a non-starter for me.

I have the "Bold & Beautiful" pass which is weekdays (+early/late season weekends) at both Cannon and Bretton Woods. Less than $500, it's an awesome deal compared to $700 for the Waterville Weekday and less driving that the $700 New Engalnd Bronze for Loon, Sunday River and Sugarloaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor