• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021-2022 speculations and news

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
It's that time of the year again.

What news - confirmed or not - is there on next season's new ski gear?

Sources and pictures always make for a better read...

TS
Cheizz

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
I heard a rumor (source: Dutch winter sports retail association) about a new Ortovox avalanche transceiver. Apparently, it contains new technology that does not interfere with phone signals but makes use of it to strengthen its capabilities to locate an avalanche victim under the snow. I have not yet found any documentation, though.

Reactions: cjm

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Attack2 17 bindings coming out(replacing both 16 and 18 I assume), Armada Declivity 108 Ti, Rossignol Black Ops 110mm(think narrower version of the 118 with more taper), new Volkl Mantra M6 gets 3D radius, new Dynastar LP 105 replacement and MFree 98 to replace Menace 98 finally.

Really looking forward to trying the new Black Ops 110 and MFree 98(menace 98 with modern MFree tip/tail I assume and maybe PU construction?).

TS
Cheizz

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
The Dutch brand manager of Blizzard (amongst others) told me that he expects more carry-overs and fewer new releases due to COVID-19. Is that the main reason behind that trend, you think/know?

AlpedHuez

Chasing that Odermatt form
Skier
A lot more carry over graphics than usual...which IMHO is not a bad decision. I'd like to see more 2 year product cycles.
Can you confirm whether or not the Black Ops (Sender et al) asymmetric "splash of granite" topsheets carry over for 21/22? Hopefully not! :facepalm:

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Dutch brand manager of Blizzard (amongst others) told me that he expects more carry-overs and fewer new releases due to COVID-19. Is that the main reason behind that trend, you think/know?
AGAIN, We have repeated, "What was going to happen in the next 5 years has happened in the past 10 months." Two year cycles are healthier for the industry including the manufacturer, the retailer and yes the consumer. There is no need to change graphics every season, all it does is reduce the perceived value of the product and increase the Fear Of Missing Out (FOMO). We have started to see this trend of late and we have been writing about it on these pages for the past few years. Two Year Graphics and Four Year Product Cycles.

Chris Axebiker

Recovering Meadowskipper
Skier
Looking forward to another round of Elan "Black Edition" Ripsticks in 96 and 106. The Ripstick 96 protos I skied last year (now this year's production) were really a step up for an already super ski, and being able to ski a Ripstick with this year's layup but having 4 carbon rods instead of 2 REALLY has me excited!

Gnarvin

Putting on skis
Skier
I would be very interested in learning more about the M6 Mantras with 3D radius. I haven’t seen any info around on those that I can recall.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I would be very interested in learning more about the M6 Mantras with 3D radius. I haven’t seen any info around on those that I can recall.
And not just 3D sidecut....I am embargoed until next month.

Ecimmortal

Getting off the lift
Skier
Is there any truth to the rumor that the Booster Strap patent has expired? Opening the door for boot manufacturers to include a dynamic strap as opposed to the crappy ones that they come with?

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Is there any truth to the rumor that the Booster Strap patent has expired? Opening the door for boot manufacturers to include a dynamic strap as opposed to the crappy ones that they come with?

That's what Ellsworth stated on a recent Blister Gear:30 podcast. I'm assuming it must be true. He pondered that we're going to see lots of elasticized power straps across all the boot manufacturers.

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
Saw some new Rossi top sheets today

75997A93-E299-4A30-9D73-358608458774.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online