• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021-2022 speculations and news

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Substantial non race skis don't sell enough to bother. I say that with great sadness.

Know the market for heavy, demanding chargers are very limited with so many high performance skis in the marketplace that are more versatile and forgiving.
The Kastle MX and FX are more approachable now but there is still a sizeable gap between those two lines. Was imagining the FX Ti version would be that “in-between” step.

Hoping a heavier FX Ti would give existing Kastle MX or BMX HP customers a friendlier option for them without giving up too much performance. Would also give new customers a premium option that’s not overly demanding but not a lightweight pushover.

James

Out There
Instructor
The Kästle MX and FX are more approachable now but there is still a sizeable gap between those two lines. Was imagining the FX Ti version would be that “in-between” step.
Heh. Remember this for an FX? A 106. Grudging rocker, almost no tip taper. It’s a fat super g ski. I still haven’t mounted it.
Personally, I think they ruined the FX line went they went resort oriented with it after the first generation.
C291AA33-066D-4230-935C-8F0BBB13A2D4.jpeg

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Heh. Remember this for an FX? A 106. Grudging rocker, almost no tip taper. It’s a fat super g ski. I still haven’t mounted it.

Drill some holes in the tips so they are like the Fishers you love so much and get skiing! :roflmao:

stuckinphilly

Putting on skis
Skier
While it was only mildly stiffer, it was a lot quieter and connected which I think accomplished what Kästle was looking to do with the new construction.
This is what I was hoping for. I don't need it to be super stiff, I'd rather have more versatility in a 10something. If I want stiff, I'm probably going to go narrower.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
2021/2022 Moment Deathwish family with the new narrower brother. Remember hearing 104mm underfoot but full specs coming out the end of the month.

B166A2EF-81A2-4C83-8A63-3F9BD4989CE1.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: BC.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I saw other screenshots and we can see 104 on the blue colored set.

Zoomed in and can see it now too!

Think if it’a similar weight and flex to the Wildcat 101 it should be a winner for those liking the triple camber which should bite even more in the narrower width. Good west coast daily driver.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
2021/2022 Moment Deathwish family with the new narrower brother. Reminder hearing 104mm underfoot but full specs coming out the end of the month.

View attachment 137030
I’ve already prepared my bank account for a Deathwish purchase this fall. Will compliment my C98’s for my Moment quiver this coming season.

My obligatory shop mount pic to come in early fall…..

Flo

Getting on the lift
Skier
I’ve already prepared my bank account for a Deathwish purchase this fall. Will compliment my C98’s for my Moment quiver this coming season.

My obligatory shop mount pic to come in early fall…..
That sound like a great quiver. I really need to demo these C98 and Deathwish 104 to see if the could compliment my Rustler 9 and Wildcat. I see that as 2.5 ski quiver:D Wildcat for >4 inch of new snow, R9 for mellow and park days and C98 to charge when there is no new snow.

Last edited:

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That sound like a great quiver. I really need to demo these C98 and Deathwish 104 to see if the could compliment my Rustler 9 and Wildcat. I see that as 2.5 ski quiver:D Wildcat for <4 inch of new snow, R9 for mellow and park days and C98 to charge when there is no new snow.

planning for multiple trips this coming winter….so assuming the Deathwish will become my trip ski…..and C98’s will again be my local EC ski…they were excellent last winter and looking forward to year 2 on them/with a fresh tune.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
We going to have a whole page on the name again? ogsmile

If the name Deathwish or graphics on a Moment ski bothers you, then you probably aren’t the right customer for them.

You will be asked constantly about them in lift lines or on the chairlift, you will be be expected to throw it down every run and may actually gain too many new friends with your newfound street cred. Some people just handle that much pressure!:roflmao:

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
@Flo Lots of good skis that could replace the Rustlers or go between them and Wildcats although I would pretty much guarantee you’d love the new ones so much the rustlers wouldn’t be used.

In addition to the Deathwish 104 and Wildcat 101, we have a new JSkis Fastforward at 92mm underfoot and a new 99mm wide Masterblaster.
Head is bringing out an Oblivion 94 which is a wider Head Caddy(now called Oblivion 84) which should be low tapered, wide gs type all mountain freestyle ski.

The fantastic twin tip chargers I discovered this year, 2021 Candide 1.0 at 92mm and CT 2.0 at 102mm that are heavier and stiffer than most twins but MAN do they rip! Next year they get lighter again but the sidecut remains the same on the 2.0 so it should be a more stable at speed and a better carver still than the Rustlers. The 2021 Prodigy 2.0(98mm) would also a great choice in a twin that’s lighter and softer tip/tail than the CT but a longer turning radius and less taper than the Rustler 9. I’ve seen them under $400 US right now too.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Moment site is active with their 2021/22 skis!