• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021-2022 speculations and news

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

onenerdykid

Product Manager, Atomic Ski Boots
Masterfit Bootfitter
Manufacturer
I think I missed it. What is "IT"?

I did a podcast with Blister Gear Review on our new Hawx Ultra and a new level of product that we are calling the Professional Series. If you have 1 3/4 hours to kill, check it out- we go really into depth on what's new. I've unfortunately not created a thread specifically on the new stuff (but it is shot gunned in a few of the boot threads), but perhaps if @Philpug thinks it is a good idea, then I will make one ;)

gwasson

Mid Atlantic banana belt dweller
Skier
I did a podcast with Blister Gear Review on our new Hawx Ultra and a new level of product that we are calling the Professional Series. If you have 1 3/4 hours to kill, check it out- we go really into depth on what's new. I've unfortunately not created a thread specifically on the new stuff (but it is shot gunned in a few of the boot threads), but perhaps if @Philpug thinks it is a good idea, then I will make one ;)

The podcast was excellent. I listened to the whole thing yesterday, so I must be one of the three people that made it to the end :) . Really interesting stuff, I am really intrigued by the new Mimic Professional liners.They sound super trick.

BigSlick

Getting off the lift
Skier
We skied the new Experience 86Ti at Waterville Valley and I will say, I was very impressed. It integrated the turn shape of the first generation and the playfulness of the recent skis, a tough combination to meld.

That's good to hear, as it sounded like they were taking a step backwards on the playfulness.

ctsnowplow

Getting on the lift
Skier
Anyone got to see the new Lange XT3 Tour Pro? 1300g and 130 flex, should be interesting.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't think we need a Hawx specific one, but here is an Atomic Booth thread that @onenerdykid started.

Agreed, and he has been great. Nice to have such a high level resource!

Suggestion: I'm not sure we need separate threads on Atomic boots AND their new Professional Series.

Maybe merge them -- because you don't have enough to do... ;)

TS
Cheizz

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
Any more news on the Atomic Redster skis? Or the Fischer the Curv line? Besides the snapshot that we've seen?

gamiller7

Booting up
Skier
Any more news on the Atomic Redster skis? Or the Fischer the Curv line? Besides the snapshot that we've seen?
I have been on an early release model of the Redster x9i for three days so far. I have it in 174 and I own the original x9 in 175 (the orange 17/18 model). Same stats as previous 65.5 underfoot, 15m turn. The Revoshock makes the ski a whole lot smoother. Very refined now. The ski now also has a Caruba wood core instead of the Powercore (beech/polar) - it is lighter than the previous. It can now be put into even more turn shapes and it will not fight you if you try to change the turn shape up at speed. It does not require the same athleticism. The downside is that the ski seems to have lost a little of the rebound that it used to have - the race snap. So more refined, easier to get the most out of it, less pop. Net a smoother ski for the expert piste skier. I have not seen any of the marketing material on it so I am curious if it is still positioned the same as the x9 S.

snoroqc

Getting on the lift
Skier
The podcast was excellent. I listened to the whole thing yesterday, so I must be one of the three people that made it to the end :) . Really interesting stuff, I am really intrigued by the new Mimic Professional liners.They sound super trick.
+1 my girlfriend said 'can you listen to p orn like any normal guys ? ''

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
2022 Head Raptor WCR 140S PRO ...find your dark side. ;)

(see page 56 of the Head 2021-22 Catalog)

Not sure about everyone else, but I just never bonded with the idea of white ski boots. I love this. :)

1612576778218.png

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Disappointing low weight and turning radius on the new Dynastar MFree 99 ski. Should be playful, super fun ski but too light for my taste.

0E330A58-4CB1-47B0-8946-775FDB32E772.png