• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sold 2021/2022 Stöckli Stormrider 95 - 184

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
Sellng these. Prefer the older plaid top sheets. Ski fine. i used them 3 out of 4 days at Vail over the holidays. Attendant lift line top sheet scratches. Pictures of bases - have not been waxed, small scratch will easily never be seen after your first grind. I do take a file to the hard corner of top sheet and sidewall to prevent nicks. Did two wax cycles before skiing them. Drilled for Pivots @ 316. Happy to sell those (Pivot 15s - have a brand new set as well )too, but asking $700 for the skis only shipped - lower 48. I’d give these 8/10 visual, 9.5/10 functional. The blue is stunning in the Sun.

. 33E84009-F79D-4BB8-96F2-DE690644757B.jpeg A54907AC-83CA-4032-845C-37413B06ED6E.jpeg A161DADA-D925-4B17-A14C-9DDD836E51AD.jpeg 4C1EBBAD-8C81-461E-AD62-DAF9B0123F89.jpeg DD06E092-ACE4-4775-8006-6F0D5C3CB546.jpeg 91CE9339-5244-4865-90AD-65EF3492176F.jpeg F69AD3C2-4D3D-4002-8E18-9CA8B955CB22.jpeg 0FE8BAED-87FF-43FF-803C-E46DA2A7C9B7.jpeg 55CAC24B-A332-45B6-8474-1124E053C9E1.jpeg

if that’s crazy talk - PM me - who knows.

Last edited:

Roman

Putting on skis
Skier
Just do double check, is the asking price with or without bindings?

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Just do double check, is the asking price with or without bindings?
$700 for this ski without binding is a great deal especially considering the fact that many shops are completely sold out of all their Stormriders this year. While @givethepigeye prefers his older SR95s, I really like this new model a lot. Currently skiing at the previous years model, both are great, but this one has a little more oomph which I really noticed yesterday carving up some steeps at Alpental in what varied between hard pact in the morning to spring like conditions in the afternoon. If 316 BSL is your boots, I would recommend negotiating a deal with bindings to save the hassle of a remount. If you do go the remount route you are best to stick with pivots to match the drill hole pattern on the skis. This is a burly ski and very well built so can easily take a remount without impacting ski life or performance.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Mr. Storaro, something to declare?
Yes. I LOVE THIS SKI!

Ahaha, oh man, what a ski that is. I was planing to already be skiing the WRTs but just cant get enough of the SR95s. And I am on last year's model, these seem to be even better.
Today skied them on snow I could not stick my pole in. Nae problemo!
Properly tuned and sharp edges they held their own against some junior GS racers, I kid you not. Turn on a dime, carve, skid, pivot...do it all ski.
This is the only ski in my quiver that I can ski on basically ANY snow, and ANY terrain....well, except for a waist deep powder but I do not know how does that look anyway. :ogbiggrin:
From super hard icy groomers to knee deep snow-A-MA-ZING!

The new owner of these will be a happy man, promise!

TS
givethepigeye

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
Thank @Tony Storaro and @dovski

These really are very nice skis. Only selling because I bought 2 pairs of the plaid top sheet ones (mounted one and kept the other in plastic) and while I sold my first pair, the second pair has like 5 days on them, no need to have 2 sets of basically the same Stockli's and I just like the older ones a smidge better. My desire for something "new and shiny" got the best of me.....

tube77

Getting on the lift
Skier
Sorry this is not a buying question.
I just cant help but notice the uneven black or smudged areas on all over the base of your stockli.
I am noticing because this is the exactly same problem(?) that has been bothering me from the home hot waxing.
Surely that doesn’t affect the skiing at all but just aesthetically I am not satisfied myself.
I have couple pairs having the same issue so I have been asking around the root cause but no clear answer yet..
So far I kind of narrow it down to the specific wax that I used but I am not sure.
So I would like to ask which specific brand of wax you used?
I noticed that, in my case, swix ch7,6, or 5 started to make those uneven marks.
Softer waxes like ch8 or BP88 wasn’t a problem.

Last edited:
TS
givethepigeye

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
@tube77 - Hertels. These have not been waxed since I came back from CO. And absolutely have zero impact on glide. In fact, one of our favorite things is passing everyone on the catwalk from #8 down to #2 at Vail - make note of how many chairs we can make up for.

dovski

Skier
In this case I think the main factor is lighting and how it reflects off the base. What you described can be driven by wax saturation and it is less noticeable the longer you let the wax cool before scraping. If you buff with a roto brush it should polish the base and get rid of that.

tube77

Getting on the lift
Skier
@tube77 - Hertels. These have not been waxed since I came back from CO. And absolutely have zero impact on glide. In fact, one of our favorite things is passing everyone on the catwalk from #8 down to #2 at Vail - make note of how many chairs we can make up for.
Thank you! I can cross out one possibility!

tube77

Getting on the lift
Skier
In this case I think the main factor is lighting and how it reflects off the base. What you described can be driven by wax saturation and it is less noticeable the longer you let the wax cool before scraping. If you buff with a roto brush it should polish the base and get rid of that.
It’s not just lighting and I am using roto all the time.
But I think you might catch the culprit.
I tend not to let the wax saturation long enough like over night..
I usually scrape off with an hour..
Thank you so much!!
I will try to let it cool down over night to see if how it goes!

TS
givethepigeye

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
Going to give these to the end of the work week and then off to online.

My old, old plaid top sheet ones sold for what I was asking on here - so dont think the price is crazy off.

TDCSPRINGS

Getting off the lift
Skier
I just wax and drink a beer then scrape. Seriously, unless you are racing the rest is nonsense IMHO
I have been known on occasion to wax, drink a few beers and forget the scraping all together. After the first couple of runs the wax scraped off on its own.

And if you didn't already know, Rob is as legit a seller as they come. I bought 2 skis from him previously and they were both even better than described!

TDCSPRINGS

Getting off the lift
Skier
I think the wife would kill me if I brought another pair of skis into the house I bought two Mindbenders and an Atris already this year. My ski buying permissions have been temporarily revoked!

dovski

Skier
Going to give these to the end of the work week and then off to online.

My old, old plaid top sheet ones sold for what I was asking on here - so dont think the price is crazy off.
Agreed, mind you do need to account for the Pivot factor which may spin down the value for those of us who do not like spinny bindings lol :roflmao:
Just kidding this is a good deal for a $1200+ ski that is pretty much sold out almost everywhere. Heck this ski is so good I would even ski it with a pair of Pivots ... and I never ski Pivots lol.

Sponsor

Staff online