• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2021-2022 Colorado Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I suspect I was thinking about requesting the feature (various 'like' options) at about the same time they quietly appeared. Really, I was thinking! :)

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
@SBrown, I forgot to mention in my post that a guy recognized my pugski sticker on my boot and mentioned he met a woman named Susan on a ski trip in Japan. Something about karaoke and fun times? Couldn't have been you. :roflmao:

:beercheer:
Haha, yes, I had a 24-hr flight delay when returning a few years back, teamed up with some people on the flight and made a fun night out of it! Not gonna waste extra time in Tokyo…

Rich McP

H20nSnow Elsewhere
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes. It's a six pack. You had to get on the carpet after dealing with automated gates. Both the gates and the carpet were off-putting and prone to creating problems for people. When this incarnation of the chair (upgraded from a quad to a 6-pack) was opened, there were TWO sets of gates to help organize people. Literally between day one and day two the first set of gates was removed because the tended to DIS-organize people far more than organize them.

ETA: I've seen lifties and patrol both be tumbled by mis-steps on the foolish carpet. Additionally, the timing of it invariably had the people on the carpet running into the back of the ski of the people actually loading the chair. Trying to delay getting on the carpet only 'enhanced' the likelihood that the skiers behind you would run into your skis. I am elated to see it removed.
Can’t tell you how many times I ve walked backward on the carpet to keep off the skis ahead of me. Even waiting to go through the gate as late as to get “grabbed” by the gate closing on me. Hate that shite.

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That carpet always made me feel insecure. Good to know I wasn't the only one. Glad it's gone.

Prosper

This is the way.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My kids liked the carpet and thought it was fun. Not sure if they’ll notice that it’s gone though. It’s probably for the best.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I suspect I was thinking about requesting the feature (various 'like' options) at about the same time they quietly appeared. Really, I was thinking! :)
It's like when you talk about unicycles and ads for unicyles are showing up on your phone? We're always listening ;)

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
It's like when you talk about unicycles and ads for unicyles are showing up on your phone? We're always listening ;)
I was talking to some buddies about a Colorado ski trip this winter, likely to Breckenridge, as we were watching the US/Mexico soccer game on Friday.... and lo and behold, there was a Breckenridge ad shown during the game. Coincidence? *Twilight Zone music*

Jack Lake

Putting on skis
Skier
Copper M - W before thanksgiving. Never been. What runs can I expect open. Dont want to waste my 3 days at Abay, saving those for Maybay days. Will prolly split a day or 2 at LL. Thoughts?

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
I'll let @mikel guess at Copper. At Loveland you'll probably have Mambo, Spillway, Upper/Lower Richards, and if we get another storm, Nix Nox, and Roulette (lift 6.)

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
I was talking to some buddies about a Colorado ski trip this winter, likely to Breckenridge, as we were watching the US/Mexico soccer game on Friday.... and lo and behold, there was a Breckenridge ad shown during the game. Coincidence? *Twilight Zone music*
Your phone isn’t listening, but it is looking at meta data based on your location in proximity to others and as a group you ski and at least one of you has probably searched Breck recently so you’ll all see those ads.

That stuff is a lot more powerful than snooping would be.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Your phone isn’t listening, but it is looking at meta data based on your location in proximity to others and as a group you ski and at least one of you has probably searched Breck recently so you’ll all see those ads.

That stuff is a lot more powerful than snooping would be.
I think you misunderstand... that was a little tongue in cheek, because it was an ad on a national sports broadcast on ESPN. There's no way it was tailored specifically to 3 guys in Virginia.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
I think you misunderstand... that was a little tongue in cheek, because it was an ad on a national sports broadcast on ESPN. There's no way it was tailored specifically to 3 guys in Virginia.
Oh right, I was kinda responding to the broader topic.

And you should definitely go, at least if it snows. This was Monarch yesterday.

0D58D48A-FB21-45B8-8D9B-677526A3EC8B.jpeg

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
And you should definitely go, at least if it snows. This was Monarch yesterday.
Plane tix are booked to Denver... now we're debating which resort. Skiing Wed through Fri to avoid weekend crowds, so all the resorts are in play... Keystone, Breck, Vail, Copper, WP, BC... we did Copper last time (January 2020), so I think they're looking for something different.

The group is intermediate skiers that don't care too much about nightlife, but will go out for a good dinner and a couple of drinks, and prefer not to drive too much if at all. Breck seems like a likely choice, but we'll see.

Reactions: nay

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Plane tix are booked to Denver... now we're debating which resort. Skiing Wed through Fri to avoid weekend crowds, so all the resorts are in play... Keystone, Breck, Vail, Copper, WP, BC... we did Copper last time (January 2020), so I think they're looking for something different.

The group is intermediate skiers that don't care too much about nightlife, but will go out for a good dinner and a couple of drinks, and prefer not to drive too much if at all. Breck seems like a likely choice, but we'll see.
When?

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
We need the stormtrack to head south by quite a bit. More wind than snow the past few weeks and for the foreseeable future. Really sucks but could be worse I guess. I would plan trips in advance (if you have to) to the PNW and places like Jackson or Big Sky. A nudge south by a few hundred miles and Co will be good. Crossing fingers.

Reactions: nay
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online