• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2021-2022 Steamboat Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Howdy folks, just kicking off my annual thread for anyone who is headed my way this season. As always, I look forward to meeting up, making some turns and showing you around totally unofficially. I am happy to ski with any level skier and love a good groomer day as much as a good powder day. (although if its a powder day, I'll be in the trees) My disclaimer: Im not affiliated with the Ski Resort, I'm not an instructor nor do I take any responsibility for you whatsoever. You must assess your own abilities as I am not able to do so.

here’s my unofficial Steamboat guide. Packed with all kind of good info on just about everything Steamboat.

Last edited:

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
I do not have a trip planned but there is a good chance I will find time to make it there for a few days sometime. What else do I have to do with my free time:cool:

Reactions: Ron

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I plan on going to the Taos gathering in January. I'll be doing a meandering drive out West from Maine. My tentative plan is to ski some of the Ikon resorts in Colorado before heading to Taos. I’d like to ski at Steamboat for a few days before heading south. I’ll be acclimating, so Steamboat will be a good place to start. Plus, Ron is an awesome tour guide.

outerlimits

Booting up
Skier
I have a February trip penciled in on my calendar. First time visitor. So come February I will be looking for advice.

my07mcx2

Getting off the lift
Skier
Ron, we are taking this year off due to rental car prices but will be back next year. we decided to take the pup to taos for their first trip along with winter park in early April. those two I can drive in 10 hrs. have a great season

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Ron, we are taking this year off due to rental car prices but will be back next year. we decided to take the pup to taos for their first trip along with winter park in early April. those two I can drive in 10 hrs. have a great season

Have you looked at Turo? Its like VRBO for cars.

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
I've got a 3 week trip to Utah Feb-Mar next year and plan to swing by and hopefully get a couple days at Steamboat mid March on my way back home. Will definitely hit you up as the time gets closer...

nhskier69

Booting up
Skier
Howdy folks, just kicking off my annual thread for anyone who is headed my way this season. As always, I look forward to meeting up, making some turns and showing you around totally unofficially. I am happy to ski with any level skier and love a good groomer day as much as a good powder day. (although if its a powder day, I'll be in the trees) My disclaimer: Im not affiliated with the Ski Resort, I'm not an instructor nor do I take any responsibility for you whatsoever. You must assess your own abilities as I am not able to do so.

Coming out to Colorado first week of March. Planning on skiing A-basin and Copper. Is there enough terrain to keep us busy for 5 days?

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Coming out to Colorado first week of March. Planning on skiing A-basin and Copper. Is there enough terrain to keep us busy for 5 days?

5 days at A Basin, Copper and Steamboat? (II would look for some discounted Loveland passes too, 4 packs are on sale now) or just 5 days at steamboat? so.... this really gets down to where you ski, how long and what are the conditions. IDK, I ski 60 days plus here. If we get good snow and there's a run of powder days, you could ski in the O'clocks/preist creek/shadows and closets for that and not get bored. Most folks coming from the east dont realize how much you will ski in 3-4 hours out here. YMMV,

Last edited:

nhskier69

Booting up
Skier
5 days at A Basin, Copper and Steamboat? (II would look for some discounted Loveland passes too, 4 packs are on sale now) or just 5 days at steamboat? so.... this really gets down to where you ski, how long and what are the conditions. IDK, I ski 60 days plus here. If we get good snow and there's a run of powder days, you could ski in the O'clocks/preist creek/shadows and closets for that and not get bored. Most folks coming from the east dont realize how much you will ski in 3-4 hours out here. YMMV,
5 days Copper and A Basin. Skied winter park and Steamboat last year.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I skied 3 days at Winter Park and 3 days at Steamboat last season. One more resort would be a stretch and more driving than it’s worth IMHO.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
5 days Copper and A Basin. Skied winter park and Steamboat last year.

as long as conditions are good, you could easily ski 5 days at those 2 resorts. Copper has some amazing steeps and some of my favorite groomers. I would still take a look at skiing Loveland one day. its a great resort and since it sounds like you are staying in Silverthorne area, its really the same drive time. Sounds like a great trip!

Sponsor

Staff online