• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2021-2022 Steamboat Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
.... might ... just might ... be at Steamboat .... March 14 -16 .... will be watching this thread.

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
well, unless something changes, no one in CO is expecting any meaningful snow of the next 10-14 days,

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Skied today. boot to knee deep all AM and very few skiers in the trees. There was some funky areas of wind load that was pretty dense but 90% of the trees were superb. I have been off the snow for 2 weeks so it was good to get back out there on such a spectacular day. this will fix up the mountain and with Snow coming in tonight and then next week, we will be in good shape.

kimmyt

My Rack Is Bigger Than Yours
Skier
@Ron we will be out during our Spring Break (Mar 20-23ish), maybe I can nab a few runs with you!

Dean

Lawn chair sledder extraordinaire
Skier
Planning to hit Steamboat for my first time 3/6 - 3/8 (skiing) after the Aspen gathering. Not sure if anyone else has similar thoughts/plans. A few folks have already asked me "have you reached out to @Ron ?" so here I am...

At the moment I have a car rental -- didn't see any reasonably direct shuttle/bus options.

Dean

Skier
You've done tons here already- thanks! I plan to dig in deeper as I get closer.
Let me know if you're around and want to take a few runs together.

Reactions: Ron

Scottsdale_Ski

Putting on skis
Skier
Hi gang,

My club is heading up to Steamboat on March 5-11. I've got 28 people staying at Trappeur's: everythig from green/easy blue skiers up to an ex-NCAA racer, so first-hand reports on all parts of the mountain will be extremely helpful. For that matter, let me know if any of you will be around that week. I'd like to take a run or 3 with some Ski Talk denizens...

Henry

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm off to Steamboat next week. I don't think I'll get to dust off my powder skis this season. Maybe March at Mt. Bachelor or April at Vail, or maybe not. Sigh. I just got my edges really sharp for the time in Steamboat. I don't know the altitude of the weather station I looked at, but it showed melting in the day and freezing at night. I'm ready for anything.

theNitza

Justin
Skier
Anybody have a shop recommendation in the Steamboat area that could do a wax and base grind/flattening over the weekend?

BayouSome

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Ask for Laura Fischer for ski instructions

we had five people with 4 different abilities and she handles it great

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
I see no one is post here because they are reportnig 11" overnight and 36" last 7 days. Get it !!

If all goes well (I always have to say that) I'll be up there on Monday - Wed with my adult daughter. Possibly with special guest skier @Chip . I need to read Ron's manifest in the OP. Any other advice or possible meetups appreciated.

Dean

Skier
I just missed the latest dump -- couldn't extend my accommodations.
I enjoyed the trees. If you do too, I think Morningside (back) and then Sunnyside are good options for starting out.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
@Ron has been quiet, hes probably catching on his pow addiction.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid