• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2021-2022 Tahoe Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Bob wants to go Friday- I’m kind of meh about the conditions. Is anyone else interested in skiing on Friday?
We'll figure it out later in the week.

Chris V.

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Did Pally from 11-2 both Sat and Sun. Hell of a great time. Sunday held up a little better but I think that it was much cooler.
One more day of corn snow formation perhaps helped Sunday's snow be better than Saturday's. The best spots were watery-slushy, but not sticky. Interesting stuff, it really wouldn't support an edge, so a surfy approach was the way to go. Some of the off-piste spots like skier's right in Siberia Bowl were quite nice.

Last edited:

MarkG

Stuck on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Agree on the Siberia Bowl.

Shirley had the goods from about 12-2. Much less grab toward the bottom. Was lapping it with like very few skiers around.

Yesterday may have been my last day of the year but I was all smiles so it’s ok.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Any body care to guess the odds on the lifts running Friday morning with 43 mph gusts in the forecast?

James

Out There
Instructor
Any body care to guess the odds on the lifts running Friday morning with 43 mph gusts in the forecast?
If it was Loveland, likely to run.

We had a whole ride on Chair 9 where the wind was prob 30-40 mph sustained. It was a head wind though. Still, they were telling people to be sure to push off when unloading at the top.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
40 seems to be around the threshold, and POV tends to be conservative about such things. I'm going up unless there's tornado warnings - need to drop off some skis for Spring skiing recovery/tune up.

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
This morning Shirley skied pretty well till about 11. On skiers right of 5th tree there was actually some hard snow you could drive GS turns on. But once you hit the flats/runouts you almost had to push. Going across to Shirley from the top of Gold Coast took a bit of effort. By 11 it was all getting pretty sticky. I had some high fluoro butter which would have helped but I forgot to pull it out of my pack :(

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
woof .....
Turns out today was NOT a day to catch first chair at 8 AM; air temp was mild but wind chill set every thing up HARD. I quit at 10:30 just as things were beginning to soften up. .... slightly. Sibo still wasn't running when I left, probably didn't start up later.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
I was laughing when they announced they were moving to an 8am opening today, don’t their managers look at the weather forecast? 19° and 50+ mile an hour winds at the top of Sibo early this morning. The early start may payoff by Sunday but history says it will probably be cold & blustery Memorial weekend ogwink.

I would not have gone today except my power went out at 2 AM and didn’t look like it was going to come back on anytime soon so I figured what the hell. Still I took my time and didn’t get up to Gold Coast till after 10 AM. Things were still pretty firm but by 11 everything was softening & by noon everything on Shirley was skiing great, even the bumps out the traverse between the rocks. In fact that seemed to be the popular run of the day.

Sibo never did get going & I was doubting myself for even going after my first couple of laps but glad I did! Skiing was NOT gonna get sticky today even if they stayed open till evening, I was bummed to be thrown off the hill at 2:30.

We were trying to find redeeming qualities for an East wind & all we could come up with is that it sure makes the sky blue…
EDB0D78E-10FF-4F85-87D0-8FE3991289C9.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor