• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2021-2022 Tahoe Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
Not very crowded. Sometimes at peak periods there were nearly full chairs and a wait of about 5 chairs. On my first time up Shirley (after 4 laps on Gold Coast, then 8 on Siberia), I spotted @Unpiste who was skiing with @Pequenita, who had taken an early lap on National chute (when it was better than my 1:30 lap, but I had to do it). Not sure I can add everyone else who we eventually skied with but it included Anne Marie, Lee, Lou, Loqi Lori and Zack (sorry about my spelling and being unable to tag everyone). Not sure when I'll have energy to add pictures. I was on road at 4:20 AM this morning.

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
Fun day today at Squaw. We were there in the morning till about 11:30am. I'm sure our tracks crossed with any folks from SkiTalk who might have been there today morning.

After a few warmup laps on Siberia, moved over to Shirley. It was straight to chair for most of our time at Shirley. Snow was in great shape. Only getting grabby at the very bottom flat section right around when we called it a day.

Last edited:

Pequenita

Making fresh tracks
Skier
On my first time up Shirley (after 4 laps on Gold Coast, then 8 on Siberia), I spotted @Unpiste who was skiing with @Pequenita, who had taken an early lap on National chute (when it was better than my 1:30 lap, but I had to do it).

I was on National a little after 9, for my second run of the day. It hasn't gotten less scary (for me). Maybe one day I won't feel the need to side slip the first 15 feet!

Tony

tseeb
Skier
It sounds like a cooldown over the weekend. From Palisades email this AM "Mother Nature is treating us to a spring weather system here in Tahoe. Operations could be impacted, so keep an eye on the Palisades Tahoe app for updates in real-time."

And from https://blog.palisadestahoe.com/operations/operations-update-weather-expected-for-closing-weekend/ which also says only Gold Coast and Shirley Lake and getting to tram from lifts will require hiking.
  • Saturday: A small chance of snow showers in the morning. Temperatures around 45 degrees. Strong wind gusts possible. By Saturday afternoon/evening, rain and thunder are likely.
  • Sunday: Very small chance of snow showers. The sun should return with a temp of 45 degrees.
  • Monday: Very small chance of snow showers. Mostly sunny with highs around 50 degrees.
My phone shows low of 28 on Mon which is when I plan to be there. Besides having a need to be in Auburn early on Tues, I have friend to stay with near Truckee Sun/Mon nights and want to ski their last day since they are making the effort to be open. I bought some rub-on wax at REI Sunnyvale this AM. They had to find box with it in storage and did not have any spring specific wax. I ironed on the last of my Orange Crush a week ago.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Much better than last Friday; was shifting over to less sun exposed lines by 10 AM. The flat light was a little intimidating early, but by 9:15 it brightened up considerably. Tried to cheat with skis that were sort of a compromise between hard and soft - should have just brought 2 pairs of skis up the mountain.

Addendum: was all disappoint - no Siberia.

Last edited:

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
It sounds like a cooldown over the weekend. From Palisades email this AM "Mother Nature is treating us to a spring weather system here in Tahoe. Operations could be impacted, so keep an eye on the Palisades Tahoe app for updates in real-time."

And from https://blog.palisadestahoe.com/operations/operations-update-weather-expected-for-closing-weekend/ which also says only Gold Coast and Shirley Lake and getting to tram from lifts will require hiking.
  • Saturday: A small chance of snow showers in the morning. Temperatures around 45 degrees. Strong wind gusts possible. By Saturday afternoon/evening, rain and thunder are likely.
  • Sunday: Very small chance of snow showers. The sun should return with a temp of 45 degrees.
  • Monday: Very small chance of snow showers. Mostly sunny with highs around 50 degrees.
My phone shows low of 28 on Mon which is when I plan to be there. Besides having a need to be in Auburn early on Tues, I have friend to stay with near Truckee Sun/Mon nights and want to ski their last day since they are making the effort to be open. I bought some rub-on wax at REI Sunnyvale this AM. They had to find box with it in storage and did not have any spring specific wax. I ironed on the last of my Orange Crush a week ago.
Im not far from sunnyvale and will be tuning/waxing my skis for storage this weekend. Got some dominator ffc2 if you want to try it out

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Posted on Skitalk Mammoth is that the Mammoth Gondola will be down for maintainence starting next week.
Chairs 1, 3, 23 will likely be open.

Thanks for the heads-up! As long as 23 is open it will be fine, unfortunate to not get the classic sign photo or get Dave's run.

Status
Not open for further replies.