• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2021-2022 Tahoe Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Did D talk about the Kaiser/Klammer film?
Looks like a beautiful day to be in the mountains :)

Anymore about condions, I know it’s getting warm?
If they are going to be able to open on weekends they will need to farm snow like crazy and pray for more fresh snow. But, for October skiing, they had a lot open. no WROD for the most part, just the areas that funneled into the lift lines like path to Shirley

Edit to add: It felt sooooo good!

Last edited:

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
The merge at the bottom of Shirley with the road peaking through towards the end of the day made for some entertainment for sure. Big ups for even spinning Shirley and opening sibo ridge. Snow was pretty good!

I have a hard time envisioning a scenario where things go past Sunday unless they start blowing in some soon to be white ribbons at night. This storm came in fast and is melting out the same.

Lift served turns in October.. definitely can’t complain!!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The merge at the bottom of Shirley with the road peaking through towards the end of the day made for some entertainment for sure. Big ups for even spinning Shirley and opening sibo ridge. Snow was pretty good!

I have a hard time envisioning a scenario where things go past Sunday unless they start blowing in some soon to be white ribbons at night. This storm came in fast and is melting out the same.

Lift served turns in October.. definitely can’t complain!!
Did you hike to Sibo ridge?

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Phil-Line Blade
Tricia-Dynastar M-Pro 90
@Dougb - Blossom Namaste
@John Webb some clapped out 15 year old ‘rock ski’s (Fisher Big Stick) ‘ LOL Hey why wreck your good ski’s the first day out in unverified conditions ! They had Pugski & Epic stickers.

Actually conditions were good enough for the good skis!

Last edited:

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Phil-Line Blade
Tricia-Dynastar M-Pro 90
@Dougb - Blossom Namaste
It was great to meet up with @Philpug @Tricia and @John Webb. Beautiful day to be in the mountains, but as others said that mank was tough for this skier to contend with. I haven't skied anything as wide as the Namastes in 3 seasons. I look forward to trying them out on better conditions and reporting back.

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
Did you hike to Sibo ridge?
Yeah it’s a little bit of a slog but whatever it’s October. Was way more overcast and windy up top today making for some pretty manky tail grabby turns. National was open again but I saw no takers.

Bumps in Shirley were good again but the choke point was even more spicy as the day progressed... pure entertainment! Def not as many people back there today.

B5D0AB61-1E78-4286-9AF6-BC03EA9F0FEA.jpeg 1C5A2677-7D5C-4948-B62A-01F7B97E11B9.jpeg

FYI if anyone is looking to get out and do some XC skiing Nevada Nordic/Mt rose Xc dropped the groomer the other day and has been packing trail. Officially open on Monday. Hopefully it’s enough base to stick around for a bit.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Given the 10 day forecast it sounds like Rose would be he best hope for a bit, assuming they will be opening momentarily ...... which I refuse to make any predictions on.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I got a press release today with some images from the weekend.
This one from Friday morning with the fog over Lake Tahoe during sunrise is pretty darn cool
Photo Oct 29, 7 14 42 AM.jpg

Gnarvin

Putting on skis
Skier
Any word on if they are going to stay open after Sunday for the rest of the season or was this just a 3 day thing?

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Not really cold enough to just make some new, and the incoming "storms" all look pretty weak/warm, so ........
Maybe??:(

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
Any word on if they are going to stay open after Sunday for the rest of the season or was this just a 3 day thing?
The original opening announcement said weekends (Fri-Sun) till Wednesday Nov. 24th. Have not seen anything after that.
Snowmaking and harvesting through the week to keep the weekends refreshed if not new storms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online