• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2021-2022 Tahoe Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It is also interesting that Squaw team coaches got spiffy brand new uniforms, branded Squaw Valley, just last year. Unless they got. special contract with North Face, I am sure they are not about to dump a bunch of almost new North Face GoreTex jackets and pants just for the sake of the logo change, so probably the team administration was not in favor of the impending name change either.
In the scheme of the cost of this rebranding, in the millions?, a few hundred jackets is minimal.

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
But the big question is, is Palisade Tahoe on the IKON pass?:ogbiggrin::doh: (Yes, it is.)

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Name change specific conversation can be found here.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Noticed this discount on the new PalisadesTahoe website. Since I'm a USAF vet and the $169 is trivial, plan to submit my DD214 then buy a pass. Have the EPIC Senior Tahoe Value Pass so already ski KW HV NS and will have ski club lodging in Kings Beach.

2021-22 Palisades Tahoe MILITARY SEASON PASS
Proceeds are donated to Military to the Mountains Foundation.

Palisades Tahoe stands behind all of our men and women in the U.S. armed forces. As a thank you, we offer U.S. military a Palisades Tahoe season pass. Military Season Passes are available for Active Duty, Veteran & Reserve personnel, but NO Dependents.

The 21/22 season pass is valid for skiing & riding for the 21/22 winter season. It does not include Spring 2021 access. However, the 21-22 Military Pass does allow for free aerial tram access in the summer. The Military pass has blackout dates December 26, 2021, to January 2, 2022, January 15-16, 2022, and February 19-20, 2022. The pass comes with 10 Friends and Family lift tickets so you can bring a friend along to ski at a discounted rate, as well as a 10% discount on Palisades Tahoe-owned Food & Beverage outlets.

Discounted Military Season Pass*
Active Duty, Veteran, or Reserve $169

Valid at Palisades Tahoe during the 2021-22 winter season. No Spring 2021 access.
Palisades Tahoe Military Discounted Season Pass is valid at Palisades Tahoe (Olympic Valley and Alpine Meadows base areas) only.
Must present U.S. Military ID in person at a Ticket Window at either Olympic Valley Valley or Alpine Meadows to buy.
Ikon military season passes extend to active duty members, retired, and dependents. This is NOT an Ikon pass

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
FIND: "squaw"
REPLACE WITH: Olympic Valley

Ooops.
But they replaced it with Olympic Valley Valley. They being Palisades Tahoe.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Fair chance of a brushing first fall cold front across the northern Sierra Nevada and Tahoe with some extremely needed rain late next Sunday afternoon.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
We had some rain very early Sun. AM in Plymouth, CA in the Sierra foothills. Cool down was also nice as we went to 4 outdoor music events in 28 hrs. and it was warm enough Fri. eve until the sun set that you wanted to be in shade.

Does anyone know anyone who works/worked for Vail who may have unused employee vouchers from last season? They were good for half-price lift tickets and work for mountain biking at N*. I'd hoped to use the one I have to get my 91 year-old Mom up Heavenly's gondola, but their Summer season ended early due to fire. My friend who lives near Truckee that I will be staying with Wed. night could use one this Thurs. Season ends very soon and Vail does not allow these to be sold so they will be worthless soon. Will trade for a couple of good beers or a great Zin and could pickup between San Jose and Truckee tomorrow.

alexthegorilla

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I'm from Europe and I'm looking to go skiing in the area around South Lake Tahoe. Hotels are looking very expensive in the winter there. Just wondering if people have any suggestions/tips where to stay? We (just the two of us) will be renting a car so happy to stay a bit away from the resorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.