• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2021-2022 Tahoe Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

AKA Steven
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Good morning from Northstar. Left Reno early and got to 267 around 7:10am. It was already slow going before the airport. Got to the parking lot around 7:45am and snagged a space in E parking. Looks like it’ll be a busy day 2CFCFC38-E455-4124-BC54-4E757960156D.jpeg

BVG

Booting up
Skier
How did you like them? What length did you get? I have the previous generation 100 and love them. So, I am always on the lookout for the Enforcer line :) Thanks!
First day on them and I like them a lot. I’m 6’2” and got the 186s. Pretty damp and stable but fairly easy to pivot.

Speed limit on them is faster than I care to go. Great on groomers. Didn’t get a lot of other conditions because the off-piste stuff was straight ice

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Good morning from Northstar. Left Reno early and got to 267 around 7:10am. It was already slow going before the airport. Got to the parking lot around 7:45am and snagged a space in E parking. Looks like it’ll be a busy day View attachment 155354
Told ya, you should have left last night to get a parking spot.

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Mt. Rose at 10:39. Not bad.
Screenshot_20220116-103858_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20220116-103928_Chrome.jpg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
It's a holiday weekend so I would expect everywhere to be busy today. We are going to ski every day next week - except Wednesday. I know we are hitting Rose on Monday and Thursday and will hit Palisades (OV and AM) the other days. I'm hoping it softens up a bit because I want to take some private bump lessons but there is no way I'm doing that until they soften or we get fresh snow.

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
I don't recall ever seeing the line at Big Easy like this.
View attachment 155379

Northstar blackout was only Saturday.
Today/Tomorrow no blackouts. So it's effectively a non blackout long weekend. That plus all the prior noted added pressures created at Northstar seen to be really rocking it for them.

Well be interesting to see if Kirkwood also impacted like last time.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It's a holiday weekend so I would expect everywhere to be busy today. We are going to ski every day next week - except Wednesday. I know we are hitting Rose on Monday and Thursday and will hit Palisades (OV and AM) the other days. I'm hoping it softens up a bit because I want to take some private bump lessons but there is no way I'm doing that until they soften or we get fresh snow.
I absolutely expected to see lines but the depth of lines at Northstar on even the beginner lift is...crazy!!!

Holiday weekend for sure.
This is why I spent the day working on the site and getting some packing done.

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Someone forgot to tell Mt. Rose to be busy today. Screenshot_20220116-134945_Chrome.jpg
Slide side at 1:50

Screenshot_20220116-134751_Chrome.jpg
Main side at 1:50

BigSlick

Getting off the lift
Skier
Wow, Northstar looked like I expected it to be. Glad I went to Kirkwood today. Chair 6 and even 11 were not bad. Chair 4 was short until about 10:45 before people figured it was open. Was with my kid, so never made it up Chair 10, but no line as normal. It must have not been very cold last night as the groomers and cat tracks were not icy from the get go. Everything groomed was soft serve by 1pm. April in January.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online