• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2021-2022 Tahoe Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
It may be August but it's time to start dusting off the equipment, finding where you put all your gear, cleaning out bags and pockets, and just generally getting ready for the upcoming season! Some of the west has already received snow and, while the fires are of bigger concern right now, we hope our snow will be just around the corner! 20210328_094519.jpg 20210327_085828.jpg 20210326_094111.jpg

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
And while you are thinking about snow

Think about a new name for the Squaw Creek Chair at Squaw
like Resort Chair, Snow King or something else.

it’s ranked choice voting so have fun

Vote for a new name right here
Not a fan of the poll, the only one I think is right, is "Resort Chair" that's the only one I want to vote for but I have to give the rest 2-6...In my mind the are all 6.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Not a fan of the poll, the only one I think is right, is "Resort Chair" that's the only one I want to vote for but I have to give the rest 2-6...In my mind the are all 6.
I agree ^. Even the valley view is better from many other lifts.
Isn’t Snow King already the name of a ski area in Wyoming :huh:?

Valley view from Red Dog...
62D075AF-A12E-4009-A514-61AEFD76385F.jpeg

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Awkward as the previous thread just closed:
@Rainbow Jenny just asked " Do any of the Powder Alliance season pass run in this price range? " [$449]
Can't say but Sierra at Tahoe has a hell of a deal on the Full Super senior pass (70 +) with Powder alliance. now went up to $250
I think it was about $149 for earlier purchases in the spring.

I had this one for 2 years of past 3 years but did not renew last year or for next year. I got ticked off. Not at them
but at Sugar Bowl which dropped off PA last year. Most of the value for me was the 3 free days at Sugar bowl
ST & Dodge Ridge are rather far from my house.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
And while you are thinking about snow

Think about a new name for the Squaw Creek Chair at Squaw
like Resort Chair, Snow King or something else.

it’s ranked choice voting so have fun

Vote for a new name right here
Will they also come up with a new name, as promised, for "the resort that used to be called Squaw Valley"
Just saw this: Management will consult with interested parties including a pow-wow with the Washoe Indian Tribe !
New name will be announced this fall.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Moving the fire discussion to the wildfire thread.

Thanks for understanding

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Stoke hit me for no reason. Lets get this season started. Looking forward to some Unlimited Ski Lessons at Alpine. PM me if you're signing up for this level of fun too! Never too soon to meet your classmates! :D
Good man. I've been feeling it too. Last weekend my 16yr old daughter looked at me out of the blue and said "I want to ski more this season than last". That is probably the spark that ignited it!

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ha! Walked in to the local high school main office yesterday to inquire regarding the annual ski team ski swap (cancelled last year for obvious reason) and was met with a blank stare. I demanded to see the Principal immediately!!!!

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Ha! Walked in to the local high school main office yesterday to inquire regarding the annual ski team ski swap (cancelled last year for obvious reason) and was met with a blank stare. I demanded to see the Principal immediately!!!!
Secretary calls Principal and says a parent wants to talk to her/him. Principal's internal monologue: "Crap, what is it? His kid is getting bullied? Thinks a teacher is grading too harshly? Wants better food in the cafeteria? . . . Oh, its Paul Lutes . . . probably about skiing . . .

Rainbow Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Stoke hit me for no reason. Lets get this season started. Looking forward to some Unlimited Ski Lessons at Alpine. PM me if you're signing up for this level of fun too! Never too soon to meet your classmates! :D
I’ll see you around Alpine, the Unlimited program is awesome and the best program in Tahoe, I’m totally unbiased! :roflmao:

We love hanging out with our Alpine Unlimited clients.
:daffy:

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone know if Mt Rose's weekday Adult group lessons will return in the 2021-22 season? They were canceled last season due to Covid-19. The Rose website doesn't lookup updated for 21-22 yet.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So did the principal know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online