• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada 2021-2022 Tahoe Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Eh, Boreal isn't saying anything on the Web site. Looks mighty thin on the Webcam. It doesn't look like nights will be cold enough for snowmaking until Friday night, and days will be on the warm side. Thanksgiving weekend openings? Fingers crossed.

The info I got on Boreal also came from their Instagram site. They said they hope to open on the 19th, weather permitting.

I've never been to Boreal but at this point I'd drag the kids up there just to get on the mountain if I thought the human-made snow was decent enough.

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
The info I got on Boreal also came from their Instagram site. They said they hope to open on the 19th, weather permitting.

I've never been to Boreal but at this point I'd drag the kids up there just to get on the mountain if I thought the human-made snow was decent enough.
Boreal is exactly what it seems. Very chill vibe. Easy access. WROD is WROD, whether it is at Boreal or anywhere else.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Back in PA most of the snow is man made.

Tahoe areas used to laugh at these east areas. But guess what, most Tahoe areas have put in snowmaking to get a early season WROD open !

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
This is the first year since we have lived in Reno that we have not skied by Thanksgiving, 1 in 12?
Long time locals remember not skiing until well into December, maybe even January, back in the day.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Long time locals remember not skiing until well into December, maybe even January, back in the day.
Thanksgiving has always been hit or miss but snowmaking has made it more reliable. Only one I remember & I think it was 77' when Sierra didn't open till after Christmas. BTW, it may have been the same year they opened before Halloween & then closed again,... sound familiar :duck:!

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Here it is-

The Sierra Huckleberry Canyon parts - cliffs, bowls, and trees - are at 8min mark onwards.

I wonder how the trees there look now and when they will ever declare it safe to open :(

Last edited:

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Here it is-

The Sierra Huckleberry Canyon parts - cliffs, bowls, and trees - are at 8min mark onwards.

I wonder how the trees there look now and when they will ever declare it safe to open :(
Ha! "We're closer to the edge of utter disaster form than any one on the mountain!!!"
Back in the day, sub-100 mm skis would allow us to stay deep enough to hide our wandering skis in powder ..... and go slower.

Thanks for throwing this up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor