• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah 2021-2022 Utah Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@AmyPJ and @tromano

RE Middle Bowl Lift Construction @ Snowbasin

I searched through Sun Valley’s Instagram feed and learned that it did not open the new Broadway Lift until 12 December last season.

Given that Snowbasin is owned by the same people, we may see a similar December opening of the Middle Bowl 6. I think the good news is that they Broadway running prior to the Christmas/New Years holiday. That lift is a bit strange. The seat separator bars are supposed to go between your legs rather than by your hips. I suppose this is a safety measure for small kids but no one seemed to get it when I was at the resort in early March of last season.
The announcement says before xmas. I would assume they would want it open a couple weeks prior to xmas to reduce risk. Wildcat 6 opened 2nd week of dec a few years ago as well.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Trying a new place this March with the family, taking them to Park City for 5 days, Canyons base area. I've skied PC before it joined up with canyons but rest of family hasn't.

Will we get bored with 5 days or with it being so big will we be fine? Terrain isn't ideal for me but for the young ones and my wife it's just fine.
I think it would suffice for 5 days of family skiing. If you want variety then Deer Valley is right next door. You could also make the 45 minute drive for a day at Alta-Bird or Sol-Bright.
Here's a report on Park City from about five years ago: https://web.archive.org/web/20170427125131/http://www.epicski.com/a/park-city-2-0

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just saw something on Facebook that pieces of the middlebowl lift just were delivered today.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Just saw something on Facebook that pieces of the middlebowl lift just were delivered today.
There were a bunch of pieces in the Wildcat lot over the weekend. I'll believe it will be ready when I see it. If the weather cooperates more than it has been, then I'll be more optimistic.

Beach Bum

Getting off the lift
Skier

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
There were a bunch of pieces in the Wildcat lot over the weekend. I'll believe it will be ready when I see it. If the weather cooperates more than it has been, then I'll be more optimistic.
Important pieces for the erector set…
E66608CE-D8F3-4A05-8E54-B47E6C01D4D5.jpeg 5EB6235B-5B86-45D6-A32A-AF5961697477.jpeg

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
Skinned up Alta on 10-30 . couldn't believe the snow pack already! what a great start to the season .
Keep the storms coming

Nice easy tour up Sunnyside. made it about halfway up Sugarloaf .

View attachment 147119 View attachment 147120 View attachment 147121 View attachment 147122
Nice! I know someone thar got up Baldy and skied main chute. He said the conditions were good. Very surprising although we know we can't read too much into early season snow as far as a predictor of what's to come. Way to get out there early bud.

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
Nice! I know someone thar got up Baldy and skied main chute. He said the conditions were good. Very surprising although we know we can't read too much into early season snow as far as a predictor of what's to come. Way to get out there early bud.
i'm waiting on that chairlift to take me to the top of Main Chute!

ss20

Enjoying this dance with gravity
Skier
A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Next question.... when do the resorts start making snow? I see a cold snap late next week with lows in the teens and highs in the 20s/low 30s. Is that a viable window? I know resorts out there are much much more "conservative" compared to Eastern resorts in making snow. Heck, Killington just opened up after 3 nights of temps never dipping below the mid 20s! It was pretty much 72 hours of very marginal snowmaking.

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
Next question.... when do the resorts start making snow? I see a cold snap late next week with lows in the teens and highs in the 20s/low 30s. Is that a viable window? I know resorts out there are much much more "conservative" compared to Eastern resorts in making snow. Heck, Killington just opened up after 3 nights of temps never dipping below the mid 20s! It was pretty much 72 hours of very marginal snowmaking.
I know some here were blowing snow over a week ago when it was cold enough. It has been too warm to blow lately but they will turn their guns back on as soon as it is cold enough. Those that have announced around a November 19th opening want to do their best to hit that date or as close to it as possible even if only a few runs are open.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, that’s a viable window. It’s been unusually warm the past 10 days or so. A pattern change would be most welcome.

applecart

Getting on the lift
Skier
I'm considering a quick trip to SOLBRIGHT in December. Anyone have any advice on taking the train to the ski bus? Is it pretty regular? A pain in the ass? Worth it? I travel light.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm considering a quick trip to SOLBRIGHT in December. Anyone have any advice on taking the train to the ski bus? Is it pretty regular? A pain in the ass? Worth it? I travel light.
I haven't done it, but in theory it should work if your arrival at the airport syncs up with train and bus schedule. Also, you could uber to a motel along the bus line 972 route starting service to SolBright on Dec 12. The use bus from then on. For example, near Midvale Fort Union train/bus station there are several motels such as LaQuinta, Days Inn, Quality (can't vouch for how decent any of those are). Should be more motel choices along 972 closer to mouth of BCC.
972 info:

applecart

Getting on the lift
Skier
Thanks! I was thinking of staying at the Inn at Solitude. They have $99 per night rooms until December 16th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online