• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah 2021-2022 Utah Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
Good news and bad news. First the good news. What a gorgeous day. Now the bad news. Opening day almost a certainty to be pushed back. PCMR just announced they are delaying and I would expect more announcements in the days to come.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So I’ve conditioned my ass off, I’m ready to go. I’m going to get in a car this week and find snow. You’re right, it’s gorgeous here, we’re going for a hike this afternoon. But damn the weather‘s on the wrong page for this time of year.

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Good news and bad news. First the good news. What a gorgeous day. Now the bad news. Opening day almost a certainty to be pushed back. PCMR just announced they are delaying and I would expect more announcements in the days to come.
Not surprise. Weather more early oct than mid November.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Pattern change next week, but usually the nights are cold enough by now for the resorts to start laying the WROD. Might be for the best for me personally since I'm still sidelined from my recent bike accident. Although I won't hesitate to head north if it snows up there like it's forecast to next week.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Maybe it’s like washing your car or taking your snow tires off. :snow:

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
come over to LCC , Alta will be open . it skied great over the weekend. could not believe how many folks were out there skinning up .

lot was probably 70% full on Saturday

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
skinned up Collins one last time on Saturday . 3 fresh inches sure skied great! horror film fog all the way up the canyon but the skies opened up at Alta. Its always beautiful at Alta!
IMG_2226.JPG IMG_2225.JPG
these guys doing a high energy steep skin straight up to High boy
IMG_2229.JPG
Machines were out working
IMG_2197.JPG

4ster

Instructor
@blackke17 , Looks like fun! What are your thoughts on opening day? Any guess on what terrain/lifts they will have open? Crowds?
TIA :)

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
probably be just your basic groomers off Collins and Sugarloaf - the amount of people out there skinning makes me think we are really in for it this season with the crowds. wed and thursday probably be ok, but i bet the weekend is going to bring everyone out

4ster

Instructor
probably be just your basic groomers off Collins and Sugarloaf - the amount of people out there skinning makes me think we are really in for it this season with the crowds. wed and thursday probably be ok, but i bet the weekend is going to bring everyone out

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
Be prepared. Tourist numbers are looking to be way up based on reservations for lodging. Plus more local demand. It's going to be busy this season.

noobski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Be prepared. Tourist numbers are looking to be way up based on reservations for lodging. Plus more local demand. It's going to be busy this season.
Agreed. Cursory review of VRBO and AirBnB availability in the region suggests it will be really full. A lot of folks who didn't want to travel last year are flying now.

However last year, a lot of folks drove. I felt like local demand was really high last year. It seemed similarily crowded last year to years prior, probably due to cabin fever.

Also, with Alta - weekends will be parking controlled. And car rentals are often 2x more expensive than last year. Might damp it a bit?

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Agreed. Cursory review of VRBO and AirBnB availability in the region suggests it will be really full. A lot of folks who didn't want to travel last year are flying now.

However last year, a lot of folks drove. I felt like local demand was really high last year. It seemed similarily crowded last year to years prior, probably due to cabin fever.

Also, with Alta - weekends will be parking controlled. And car rentals are often 2x more expensive than last year. Might damp it a bit?

Rentals were being snapped up for next year as fast as we could find them a couple months ago. We did snag two units and plan on driving, stopping in Tahoe along the way of course!

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
Did anyone go to Brighton today?

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Whom is a go to tuning shop in SLC for base grind and edge?

HootSki

Booting up
Skier
Whom is a go to tuning shop in SLC for base grind and edge?
I hear Todd at 7even skis is awesome. I have a pair in there now but this is the first time going there so I can't speak from experience. He does a bunch of tuning for the masters skiers at Snowbird. When I talked with him, he definetly sounds like he knows what he is doing. Plus he has some great reviews online. 25 Louise Ave S, Salt Lake City, UT 84115 (801) 856-0291.

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
7even is the only shop ill go to. Todd is the master . He has a ski racing background. Folks from across the country send him their skis to get done. I know he picked up a new machine over the summer ( cant remember the name, I'm no ski tech)

Hand tunes my triple camber Deathwish just perfectly

Good guy and great skier as well.

Last edited:

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
Spent 3 out of 4 days of the long weekend skiing Alta . Might be one of the best weekends of the season. no not because of the snow ( which was great for November!!!) but due to the short lift lines. wow was that a pleasant surprise. A good time was had . Ballroom on Turkey was super soft and fun. IMG_2369.PNG
Yep, the beer was good too
IMG_5149.JPG
alot of freshly blown snow to keep things soft.
IMG_5139.JPG
Fresh Corduroy in the Morning.
IMG_2346.JPG
happy humans skiing again
IMG_5164.JPG

IMG_2364.JPG
we did dinner at the Bird on Thanksgiving . the food was fantastic. the service not so much . understaffed . we waited an hour for our bill!

Status
Not open for further replies.