• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah 2021-2022 Utah Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

dred pirate

Booting up
Skier
getting to head to Deer Valley in 2 weeks - first trip out west (been a east coast skier) - seems like there are still runs not open - is that normal for this time of year? Looks like at Chrsitmas time yall got a lot of snow-but nothing since then.

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
How much does a buddy pass cost at SnowBasin? A few co-workers are headed up tomorrow and they have a buddy pass I can use but nobody seems to know the price.

Thanks in advance!

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thanks @Kyle

Someone up there needs drug tested if that is the 50% off rate!!!

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
getting to head to Deer Valley in 2 weeks - first trip out west (been a east coast skier) - seems like there are still runs not open - is that normal for this time of year? Looks like at Chrsitmas time yall got a lot of snow-but nothing since then.
Trail status looks pretty good to me: https://report.mtnfeed.com/deervalley.html
You are correct, plenty good snow over the holidays, dry spell right now. But 2 weeks is a good amount of time for some fresh snow to re-enter the picture.

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
@dred pirate We're under a huge dome of high pressure right now but according to Open Snow's Utah snow forecaster, we might see a pattern change by the end of January. Really, who knows, but if you bring some snowy weather with you I'm sure we could open a tab for you at the bar!

Last edited:

ss20

Enjoying this dance with gravity
Skier
A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
^^^ Yes it has been stupid quiet the past week at Alta. Stupid quiet. Probably under 1,000 folks on the hill each day. Very nice with terrain finally opened up! The snow cycle was nice but nothing but the High T for 3 weeks! Sometimes Supreme bowl if we were lucky!

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Just don't look at the GFS 10-day. Basically no snow in the picture.

Yah. The midwinter inversion has set in very strongly in the Salt Lake valley and looks to stay for a good long while. Today was supposed to be a day to scour the particulate pollution from the Wasatch Front and it definitely didn't.

I'll be in the mountains tomorrow (Solitude) as a necessary mental break. It's been a tragic week for me.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yah. The midwinter inversion has set in very strongly in the Salt Lake valley and looks to stay for a good long while. Today was supposed to be a day to scour the particulate pollution from the Wasatch Front and it definitely didn't.

I'll be in the mountains tomorrow (Solitude) as a necessary mental break. It's been a tragic week for me.
I'm sorry :(

Yes, the forecasters said "the air should be clearing out by noon" at I looked around at 1 p.m. and thought "nope!" We are in the process of moving from the Wasatch Back to Ogden and I'm not happy about it.

FWIW the groomer skiing has been outstanding this week. Too bad not much has been groomed compared to normal...

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
Inversion is expected to be orange (unhealthy for sensitive groups) for a lot of the week. This inversion is present at unusually high elevations. It's still somewhat present until halfway up the Cottonwood Canyons. Those that are staying up at the ski resorts will be treated to very nice sunny days, however.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Pretty and pretty ugly at the same time from where I sit…
CC6E1C3F-94E2-4019-83FB-CCD056902495.jpeg

Times like these, I feel bad for non skiers. They never get to rise above the inversion.
I remember my first year living in Ogden during a long inversion. I would come home from work every day and everyone in the apartment complex seemed grumpy and in a bad mood. I would try to convince them that they just needed to grab lunch or whenever they had a chance and drive up the canyon to the sunshine for an hour and they would feel better. After that winter I knew I needed to try to live above it.

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
Pretty and pretty ugly at the same time from where I sit…
View attachment 155302

I remember my first year living in Ogden during a long inversion. I would come home from work every day and everyone in the apartment complex seemed grumpy and in a bad mood. I would try to convince them that they just needed to grab lunch or whenever they had a chance and drive up the canyon to the sunshine for an hour and they would feel better. After that winter I knew I needed to try to live above it.
That is what I call living in the catbird seat!! Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online