• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021/2022 ~ How many days so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Day 20 at our our local hill...........finally the cold weather has allowed snowmaking and we're supposed to get hammered (for Upstate NY) last Sunday through Monday. See how much ends up on the slopes rather than in Rochester.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
day 18, FIS SL datenight with GF, masters training on monday, and testing out new stuff. we had -16 to -6 turn +10 hot wind and back to -6... aka HARD and awesome for race skis! showed up 1,5 hours before closing and had the resort almost to ourselfs.

GF lovin her new ones, going from 157 rossi to 155 redster with X16 and 3mm, mixed with new STI 130 boots, she was just rippin & grippin.

I was on new to me stockli racedepartment SL 165 from a national team athlete used for 2021.... I think I have might have gone to aggressive, theese things demanded respect over my two other pairs of rossi/atomics, which have been more off the shelf from store skis. kinda interesting 3 skis in same FIS spec can be so different with same base/edge angles setup (different shim height and bindings) and generation though. Maybe someone can fill me inn on why its like this?

2022-01-15 20.02.41.jpg

BMC

Out on the slopes
Skier
I can finally put in a number - 2022 - 12 days and counting…

wooglin

Making fresh tracks
Skier
12. Masters racing and a slopestyle comp made for full lots and a full lodge at Whaleback. No lift lines though. Hopefully everyone spent $$. Beautiful day too.

20220116_144749.jpg

Last edited:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
20ish for us … but a few are super short days like today. I must admit crowded groomers just scare me! It’s always fun to see you and your son was skiing very well.
It was like a moving slalom course!

ThomasD

Getting off the lift
Skier
Sunday and yesterday at Sugar made seven for me. No pictures. The new snow was excellent - a foot on Sunday - the gale force winds were not so nice.

Going back Thursday for more.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
8&9 came and went this weekend.
No new snow in the last 10 days but lot of freeze thaw and rains. Groomers were great, the trees were 'no man's land'. Saturday was very gray at the base and blazing sunshine on the top 200' with a very thick cloud in the middle 1,500'. Monday clear with winds on top.
A very cool clinic on disabled skiing. Run by a former para-Olympic racer from Yakima. That guy dug trenches a snowboarder could only dream of; and boy did he motor.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online