• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021/2022 ~ How many days so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
1643211877388.jpeg

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
1643213372297.png

IMG_9291.JPG

Interesting ski these. Zero qualms with the performance. Excellent ski. BUT! The noise is driving me I-N-S-A-N-E man, totally mad!

Jeff from Skiessentials describes them as 'precise". He is right. I'd go a step further and add: clinical, surgical....sterile.

It is like dating German supermodel who happens to hold a PhD in maths. Serious. No jokes allowed.

-You vill put me on edge and I vill make you scream viz delight!
-But but but...can we first cuddle a bit? Talk a bit?
-NO! You VILL put me on edge and I vill make you scream viz....
-Yeah yeah, delight, got it...
-Corrrrrect!

Amazing edge hold, amazing stability at speed, amazingly easy to flick around and bent in super short turns.

But these ski lack something. Something intangible. Something you cant put your finger on. Warmth? Soul? Dunno. But they are staying at home until the snow softens up a bit.

Did I mention the noise? The tinny, hollow noise on hard snow and ice? Well that's the reason.

Last edited:

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
#34 More Gore- 4-5" of fresh on top of Packed powder-some places were windblown or got scraped down to the blue ice..

looking at Lies.. Rumor not even started to blow snow on it yet
1643218686705.png

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
View attachment 156920

View attachment 156921

Interesting ski these. Zero qualms with the performance. Excellent ski. BUT! The noise is driving me I-N-S-A-N-E man, totally mad!

Jeff from Skiessentials describes them as 'precise". He is right. I'd go a step further and add: clinical, surgical....sterile.

It is like dating German supermodel who happens to hold a PhD in maths. Serious. No jokes allowed.

-You vill put me on edge and I vill make you scream viz delight!
-But but but...can we first cuddle a bit? Talk a bit?
-NO! You VILL put me on edge and I vill make you scream viz....
-Yeah yeah, delight, got it...
-Corrrrrect!

Amazing edge hold, amazing stability at speed, amazingly easy to flick around and bent in super short turns.

But these ski lack something. Something intangible. Something you cant put your finger on. Warmth? Soul? Dunno. But they are staying at home until the snow softens up a bit.

Did I mention the noise? The tinny, hollow noise on hard snow and ice? Well that's the reason.

They have noise. The tune and edge angle makes a huge difference on them, I think I might favour them on 88 vs 87 as they are more playfull but still grippy. I rather liked the stock tune on them as well.

how many days and different snow conditions have you skied them? we had some nice bumps formed today misc places on groomers, hit thoose, even did some sidehits

day 22
2022-01-26 18.56.47.jpg

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
how many days and different snow conditions have you skied them? we had some nice bumps formed today misc places on groomers, hit thoose, even did some sidehits

In January I only have 2 conditions-it is either hard and icy or icy and hard. Take your pick. :ogbiggrin:

Will give them a chance again when it softens up a bit. There are much better options for the current conditions.

Last edited:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
A short day for 21 at Mt. Rose. I really need to drive the other way and hit up Palisades!

Prosper

This is the way.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
#15 on Tue at Keystone skiing with my SIL who, unfortunately twisted her knee on the runout of Cat Dancer. Otherwise, the mountain skied nicely with 1-2" on top.

jgiddyup

Asst. Gathermeister--Utah
Skier
Did you get into the North or South Chutes yet? I love some of those steep short shots.

No but I accidentally got into East ropes and West ropes yesterday. I barely got out alive:geek:

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Lost count, haven't counted, but have probably not been on snow maybe 8 days this season, but yet to have a truly 'just a free ski' day.

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
^^^ Better to be on snow, even if all "business" and not for yet a truly 'just a free day', than stuck in isolation at home. Just sayin'...

Last edited:

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
This was day 60 at Crested Butte. I was skiing on my Blossom Whiteouts and my DIL Kelly was skiing my Blossom FIS Slaloms. Beautiful day but started out with negative temperature, made it to around 15 degrees when this photo was taken. Nearly froze my phone.

1643403439155.jpeg

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
22 at Rose. No lines at the Chuter chair.
20220128_103731.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online