• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021/2022 ~ How many days so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
As I recall, things at Copper didn't really get much better until after the racers left, in early to mid-December.

A bit more natural snow would help.

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
1637715336081.jpeg

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
First day of the season at Crested Butte and I got some runs in. Skied with DIL and a friend of hers who followed me down the hill to salvage any parts if I fell apart. Only one lift running and one run open, man made snow topped off with 4"s snow o/nite. Quite pleasant skiing on an old pair of Blizzard SL skis. Will try the Blossom FIS SLs tomorrow.

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
2-Alta
Both days with mrsjmills after a shortened season two years ago then her two days last season after a shoulder surgery.
Black Friday in the afternoon was warm with nice snow but a challenge. Seeing that Sunnyside would open for the season we started early on Saturday and didn’t leave the Sunnyside chair the entire day. Grooming was a little rough and the snow was firm, the lack of lifelines made for a good day.
Confidence was gained by the end of the second day and I had a great time skiing the same green run all day with my favorite ski date.

98 days to go to hit my goal for the season. The current base is similar to what it was the end of December 2020
I’m looking forward to keeping my LSS busy with base repairs and prefer skiing rocks to crowds so the next month will be good for me
@ADKmel It seems like we had compared home ski area base totals last December with Alta at 37”, do you remember what you posted?

8C01BD11-11A7-4B44-B856-F00B18AA450C.jpeg
04352C0C-130A-4725-BFBB-140FD6BFED10.jpeg

F504E663-2DB4-4498-9E32-0B619CA61D32.jpeg

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
2-Alta
Both days with mrsjmills after a shortened season two years ago then her two days last season after a shoulder surgery.
Black Friday in the afternoon was warm with nice snow but a challenge. Seeing that Sunnyside would open for the season we started early on Saturday and didn’t leave the Sunnyside chair the entire day. Grooming was a little rough and the snow was firm, the lack of lifelines made for a good day.
Confidence was gained by the end of the second day and I had a great time skiing the same green run all day with my favorite ski date.

98 days to go to hit my goal for the season. The current base is similar to what it was the end of December 2020
I’m looking forward to keeping my LSS busy with base repairs and prefer skiing rocks to crowds so the next month will be good for me
@ADKmel It seems like we had compared home ski area base totals last December with Alta at 37”, do you remember what you posted?

View attachment 149657 View attachment 149658
View attachment 149656

I'll see if I can find. I think I'm late starting this year and I think less base than 37 here, We're just now getting good storms and snowmaking temps.. Last yr I only got 63 days but whew, still skied my age, lol

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll see if I can find. I think I'm late starting this year and I think less base than 37 here, We're just now getting good storms and snowmaking temps.. Last yr I only got 63 days but whew, still skied my age, lol
I was off a little. @Andy Mink was reporting also
From 1/12/2020

Mt Rose base 24-37"
Gore base 6-12”
Alta base 41”

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
I was off a little. @Andy Mink was reporting also
From 1/12/2020

Mt Rose base 24-37"
Gore base 6-12”
Alta base 41”

today Gore has 2 lower trails open w/ about 2-8" manmade!,
Whiteface has more base (more natural) but only trails w/manmade are open.
We need a NorEaster...

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Currently tied with almost everybody else in the PNW (or at least the Inland PNW) at:

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
2 though lines and windhold have made them incomplete. We have a low early season tolerance so will get out for a hike or whatever. The ski and bike shops are happy. Still got some nice runs in and am feeling good out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online