• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021/2022 ~ How many days so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Out There
Instructor
Roman.
Still don’t see the Roman numerals in the photo.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Roman.
Still don’t see the Roman numerals in the photo.
They aren't in the photo... that's just the equivalent day count in roman numerals. She has 111 days. So CXI, or "111" which looks like the three columns. (And why she said to ignore the columns in the background.)

BMC

Out on the slopes
Skier
Either 21 or 22 days after tomorrow. I’ve lost count.

That will be it now until our Oz winter when I’ll probably get in a similar number of days - lets see.
Ok so I’ve locked in 18 days skiing bookings for Oz with between 2 and 5 likely to come on top of that, so barring disaster I should end the calendar year on 40+ days.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I never really went again or as much. Ending the season at 170/233 days.
It's travel time.
Pretty nifty!

Sunday was closing day at A Basin, and it was swell. Surprisingly few people, and many that I know. Slopes also had no rocks, then few rocks, which is always good this time of year. (I rarely use rock skis, just try to slalom around things.)

102 for me. An average year that way.

I'm an every other day kind of guy, but skiing all around me at first chair time this last week or two, besides those like myself, are folks with 218, 205, 188, and lots in the 150s through 170s. Amazing, to me. All of you.

(Maybe next year I can do more back to back and three in a row stretches, to get over 120 or so maybe. Dunno. :)

Have a great summer, and hope we all stay healthy for the four or so months until next season and prep starts.

Bozzenhagen

Getting off the lift
Skier
Pretty nifty!

Sunday was closing day at A Basin, and it was swell. Surprisingly few people, and many that I know. Slopes also had no rocks, then few rocks, which is always good this time of year. (I rarely use rock skis, just try to slalom around things.)

102 for me. An average year that way.

I'm an every other day kind of guy, but skiing all around me at first chair time this last week or two, besides those like myself, are folks with 218, 205, 188, and lots in the 150s through 170s. Amazing, to me. All of you.

(Maybe next year I can do more back to back and three in a row stretches, to get over 120 or so maybe. Dunno. :)

Have a great summer, and hope we all stay healthy for the four or so months until next season and prep starts.
Most people where I live get less than 40 days on snow. I wouldn't have believed it several years ago, but I believe it now. I think they like to party at Cecilia's and live the semi city-rat life subsisting off frozen pizza or their trust fund.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yeah, I can relate. But maybe much cleaner this way.

I mean, this way you're free of the baggage, hopefully in part hero of your own life's drama, to whatever extent that's possible.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Day 159 in the final tally for this season closing out my first ten years of 100+ days. Have I peaked out or will I be one of the lucky ski lotto winners that gets to ski 100 day seasons into theirs 80's. I go out every day that I can earning my ticket. You can't win if you don't play!

CascadeConcrete

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hit 71 this weekend, and I can't imagine getting another lift-served day this season. Probably will pick up a few more human-powered days, but my skiing is definitely tapering off.

mister moose

Instigator
Skier
This Memorial Day we celebrated JC's 3,000th ski day at Killington (Technically Killington & Pico). The mountain made a banner and sent a photographer; the local paper, his very enabling wife and a whole lot of friends and family turned out to help him celebrate. You're in rarified air to ski that much.

JC 3000.jpg

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
This Memorial Day we celebrated JC's 3,000th ski day at Killington (Technically Killington & Pico). The mountain made a banner and sent a photographer; the local paper, his very enabling wife and a whole lot of friends and family turned out to help him celebrate. You're in rarified air to ski that much.

View attachment 171734

Pretty unique!

—————
His aunt and uncle owned a restaurant on Fire Island, so he switched to the best ski bum job in the world: waiting tables and eventually ended up working for Chef Claude at Choices.
————-
@mdf and i ended up eating at Choices after the pizza place across the street couldn’t seat us after 10 minutes, even though half the place was empty. We got a seat right away, while the rest of the gatherers were waiting for an hour to get seated at Garlic’s.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Pretty unique!

—————
His aunt and uncle owned a restaurant on Fire Island, so he switched to the best ski bum job in the world: waiting tables and eventually ended up working for Chef Claude at Choices.
————-
@mdf and i ended up eating at Choices after the pizza place across the street couldn’t seat us after 10 minutes, even though half the place was empty. We got a seat right away, while the rest of the gatherers were waiting for an hour to get seated at Garlic’s.
Yes, it took too long, but we each other's sparkling company!

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
Sunday may 1st, was day 31 for me and 29 for Junior.
Season pass expired right that day,
we returned Jr seasonal ski and boots rent to the shop, saying "see you next October", plus I brought the Racetigers to the shop for an "upgrade" (see bindings thread). So, it should be a wrap, right?
Never say never. Jr wishes to ski again "this" season...quite frankly I was eagerly looking forward to the summer activities, but we shall see
As for "variety"...
Me:
One day in Austria (Hintertux Glacier)
30 days at Passo del Tonale
Jr:
29 days at Passo del Tonale
I know it isn't much for "variety" and that as for tangible goals I did not do much (no progresses in certification) , but considering COVID in January, which put me off skiing till late February or somethingsuch IIRC, and comparing to 20-21, I have spent a lot of the available skiing time (when he was not skiing with the instructors) with my son, skiing all over the place, and that is priceless.
Well, after a well earned June summer vacation by the sea to recharge my batteries (fun doing SUP paddling, skin diving, swimming and sun bathing with the family) and a month of wringing my hands on weather to start 2022-2023 season next week end, both glaciers I was aiming as a place to go, have shut down summer operations due to lack of snow...and due to that, my coach has called off the activities. Oh well...Dear skis and boots...see you in October...

AaronFM

Getting off the lift
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I had 3 days and 12 runs all at Smuggs on Morse Mt for the 21-22 season (see injury/rehab thread). Christi was smoking me down the hill for once.

646B2F70-EE8B-49D5-8050-5DC8FC20ED38.jpeg
A58F8CBC-3260-49E6-BBA4-3E242867B48A.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online