• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021/22 Injury Report, who is on the sidelines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Posted on Facebook. @skibum4ever --I am in Mammoth Hospital with breaks in my tibia and fibula. They are going to operate and keep me for a couple of days.

Let wish Barbara a quick recovery.

Thanks Phil. Had the surgery and will head home as soon as I am slightly mobile.

However, I also broke my femur in such a way that it is impinging on my replaced knee. I will probably need another TKR.

So I will need a second surgery as soon as possible.

I hope it snows soon and everyone enjoys the winter.

Barbara

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks Phil. Had the surgery and will head home as soon as I am slightly mobile.

However, I also broke my femur in such a way that it is impinging on my replaced knee. I will probably need another TKR.

So I will need a second surgery as soon as possible.

I hope it snows soon and everyone enjoys the winter.

Barbara
:(
Barbara, I am so sorry!

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Heal quickly, Barbara.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Heal fast and heal back stronger.

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Second surgery was completed last night. I am in Hoag Orthopedic in Irvine, CA. Surgeon told my husband that it went extremely well. Not much pain yet. That will probably change when I get out of bed today.

I will try to update after seeing the surgeon and having my first PT.

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hope it all went smoothly! Are you still in Mammoth Lakes, or is that being done by your surgeon who did the TKR?

Randy drove me south to Hoag Orthopedic in Irvine. That is the facility where my TKR was done. However I am using a different doctor who specializes in trauma cases.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Randy drove me south to Hoag Orthopedic in Irvine. That is the facility where my TKR was done. However I am using a different doctor who specializes in trauma cases.
That's good to hear, relative to the fact that this sucks so badly for you! Hope your pain is manageable and you can stay positive--being injured is tough. Hang in there!

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That's good to hear, relative to the fact that this sucks so badly for you! Hope your pain is manageable and you can stay positive--being injured is tough. Hang in there!

I can't even describe how badly this sucks. I was told yesterday that I have severe osteoperosis in my right leg. Considering that my bone density scan from 5 months ago didn't show any of this, I have no idea what to think. If it's true, I will never be able to ski again in any form, even adaptive. In fact, I just have to focus on being able to get around.

I just don't understand any of this.

Pequenita

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I can't even describe how badly this sucks. I was told yesterday that I have severe osteoperosis in my right leg. Considering that my bone density scan from 5 months ago didn't show any of this, I have no idea what to think. If it's true, I will never be able to ski again in any form, even adaptive. In fact, I just have to focus on being able to get around.

I am so, so sorry. What tough news!!

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

Keep the faith. Hopefully, better news coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online