• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 Augment All Mountain 77 Ti

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Philpug: Augment makes skis that are all business, and the All Mountain 77 is a good example: it is solid and smooth, produced with the best materials, and expects your attention when you are skiing it. With its traditional sandwich construction, the AM77 is probably the highest-performing ski in the category; combining that with the smallest sweet spot makes for a ski that has very little sense of humor.

The on-snow feel is exactly what you would expect from a ski with a comma in its price, Nth-degree precision. But to achieve that Nth degree, you must be a part of the equation. This is not a fake-it-until-you-make-it ski, not one you will grow into, but a ski for the skier who has arrived. See the Long-Term Review here.

Insider tip: Like almost every Augment, leave your ego at the door and choose a less stiff number​

Ski Nurse: The Augment AM 77 Ti reminds me a lot of my Hart Stryker, which unfortunately is no longer in production. It is very solid, easy to get up on edge, and loves to turn at any speed. If you want to take it for a spin off piste or in trees, it will be happy for the adventure.

Ron: The Augment 77 is superb. I could end the review right here, but I would feel remiss. So, let me ramble on a bit. Everyone once in a while a ski comes along that stands out above the rest and we all rave about its new shape and space-age materials. Well, the Augment doesn’t really have any of that. It doesn’t have new technology, a new shape, or even new materials -- in fact, it goes back to the basics, meaning sandwich construction, vertical sidewalls, no rocker, and plenty of camber. It has subtle graphics, a traditional shape, supreme build quality, attention to every detail. And yet, this ski is so refined -- beyond smooth, stable, and balanced -- that it simply outperforms anything else on the market. It’s basically a race ski with an all-mountain shape.

Insider tip: If the 77 is too narrow, Augment makes an 88 and 98.​

Awards
Who is it for?
Skiers looking for the highest-performing option in the category.
Who is it not for?
Those working on their skills; don’t worry, if you have deep pockets, there are many quality alternatives for you.
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. Frontside
  2. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Moguls
Segment
  1. Men
  2. Women

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
159, 167, 175
Dimensions
121.5-77-107.5
Radius
16.5m@175cm
Rocker profile
  1. Full camber
Construction design
  1. New graphics
Binding options
  1. Flat
  2. System

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Long term update:

Despite getting to ski so many different ski's, all is well in the universe when I click back in to the Ti Carbon 77's. These skis are the benchmark that I use when testing all other skis. Nothing compares to its precision, smoothness and accuracy.

Here's my article the Ti Carbon's.

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Long Term Update:

Despite getting to ski so many different ski's, all is well in the universe when I click back in to the Ti Carbon 77's. These skis are the benchmark that I use when testing all other skis. Nothing compares to its precision, smoothness and accuracy.

Here's my article the Ti Carbon's.

I had to re-read your review just to enjoy it again. Still hoping for the cage match with the White Out!

Reactions: Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
So, is there anywhere to try these skis out in Colorado? Like in Aspen?

no idea. I’ve been trying to reach someone to get the factory tune on them. You would think they might respond but haven’t had any luck. I’ve heard of playing hard to get, but this is a little over the top :).

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
It’s a shame, can’t even get an answer. Best damn ski ever. I am hoping these last a few more years.

EDIT: note, Augment did reply and were very helpful.

Last edited:

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
I heard back from Augment yesterday shortly after sending a follow up. I was able to get my Factory tune info, .7:3.

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Blossom SL's are .5:3. I do like the .70 a lot. I skied the Augments about 35 days now without a tune though. Not even touching the edges or base.

flbufl

Getting on the lift
Skier
I might be wrong, but in the recent few years, Blossom use “Side edge 88° and Radial tuning ( 0,5° under the foot and 0,7° in tip/tail)” on all their skis.

The funny thing is that only certain Montana tuning machine can do this kind of tuning. None ski shop near my home have it. I ended up with 0.5 base when I need a base grind.

Blossom SL's are .5:3. I do like the .70 a lot. I skied the Augments about 35 days now without a tune though. Not even touching the edges or base.

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Blossom may be doing that on certain pro level skis but not for the consumer market. I had them done that way at my LSS which does a ton of Race skis for the Ski teams and SSWSC racers. After a couple hours on harder snow, it looses that really sharp bite and is quite nice on hard snow. Its awesome on carved turns but takes a little coaxing in the bumps and crud. You certainly don't want to drive that tip with it in crud.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Long term update: I've been remiss on updating this review with my take on the Augment AM 77 Ti, so here I am with a few days on this ski.
CC5B98BD-147B-4667-9422-120884AD5C78.JPG

My first day on the Augment AM 77 Ti was at Mt Bachelor. I had been on an SL ski the prior day which had a pretty aggressive tune on it which didn't allow me to relax at all, so I was looking for something that had a similar feel but a bit more of a relaxed tune. As I skated to the lift I already knew this was a good choice.
The flex on the 167 cm is medium, slightly softer than the earlier versions that I skied, which felt juuuuust right.

The variety of conditions I skied over three days varied from firm groomers, to moguls, to off piste adventuring where we found a few inches of fresh snow. There was nothing I threw at the AM77 where
imagejpeg_0-10.jpg
it didn't thrive. Granted, the AM 88 would be a more likely companion in the off piste adventuring, but the 77 didnt let me down, perhaps because it is so smooth and turns so well that it responds to my every thought.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
So how does the Augment AM 77 Ti compare to the Stockli Laser AX?
Also looking at their website they have two versions of this ski, the Ti and the Carbon Ti, you also have the choice of two flex profiles when ordering so would be great to get some insights there.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So how does the Augment AM 77 Ti compare to the Stöckli Laser AX?
Also looking at their website they have two versions of this ski, the Ti and the Carbon Ti, you also have the choice of two flex profiles when ordering so would be great to get some insights there.
Start here: Battle of Glorious Skis. The Augment is much more traditional in feel on the snow, it expects more from you as a skier, the Stockli is much more relaxed. I have been skiing the Augments in a softish medium flax and loving them. I don' think the lighter version of the Augment will be offered in the states the coming season.

Sponsor