• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 Blizzard Bonafide 97

Dougb

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My friend had last year’s model and the top started coming off after about 8 days. He used the warranty and got a new pair of this year’s Bonafide. The new one not only sounds better, but I think it looks better too. He’ll be out at Heavenly this weekend. I will report back what he says.

Skighandi

Booting up
Skier
View attachment 121962 Long-Term Update: We added the new Bonafide to the "Private Stock" wing of the test fleet. Private Stock? Yep. Occasionally skis come to our door that are special and deserve a special binding -- usually a Pivot. These are skis like the original Nordica Proto, Tricia's and my special-edition Mindbender, and now a new addition, the Blizzard Bonafide Thermo V97. Yes, the graphics are real cool.

This is probably the seventh or eighth pair of Bonafides I have had, and like I initially said, it is a very different ski than the original -- which is not a bad thing, just that it is worth knowing when replacing an older Bonafide. The new Bonafide is a revolution from the original and an evolution from the last incarnation. Again, neither is bad. For those who didn't connect with the first Flipcore, here is your ski. For those who liked the last generation, here is your ski.

View attachment 121963

There is very much a Blizzardness to the ski: it is solid, planted, and connected to the snow. Initially, I had felt the 177 might be a bit short, but after skiing it some more, plus bypassing a demo binding and putting on a Pivot 15 Raw, I no longer feel that is the case.

View attachment 121964
Just added this one in the 177cm to my "private stock" too---a way smaller stock than yours, but growing. Corbetts had a pair...now they don't. I love the exchange rate with Canada now. I'm going to mount the Tyrolia Protector...

Sponsor