• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sold 2021 Blossom Cross Winds 178cm $525.00

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
The Cross Winds are, as of 2022, now called the AM85. Graphics for '22 are updated. Other than that the shape and construction are identical. I skied these for five days and really liked them. I'm getting out of the mid 80's category however, so I'm reluctantly letting these go. Bases are 9/10 (one scratch that will be fine when waxed). They are mounted with Tyrolia Attack 2 13's, Bindings are mounted to a 326 BSL. Bindings can be adjusted up one size or down one size without a remount (not that there's anything wrong with a remount).
P.S. THe first picture makes the skis look dirty. They're not - just a shadow. Seller pays for shipping in CONUS (USPS) IMG_0592.JPG IMG_0595.JPG IMG_0594.JPG

Last edited:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Paging @mdf .

Your ski is calling. :ogbiggrin:

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
Nice. Perfect East coast woods ski. I just bought the Am77

Reactions: Ron
TS
Scotty I.

Scotty I.

Skier
Nice. Perfect East coast woods ski. I just bought the Am77

I have a pair of the White Outs and unless, by some miracle of engineering, they improve on those, I don't ever anticipate selling them.

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
Can't wait to try em. Skied Tuesday on my Head i-Titan and it was fun. But it was all bumped up so my first three runs were in crisis mode. Two final runs were good. Hope I like the 77s.

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
I probably would be crazy but I think I would enjoy the 85's - though a little redundant.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Ugh, I pulled the trigger on some Brahma 82's too early :(

Nice skis!
different skis for sure. the Blossoms are exacting and their race heritage shines through. these have no perceivable rocker. Anyone looking to refine technique will benefit. If I were to own a 80-something ski, these would be at the top of the list.

bremmick

Booting up
Skier
How’s the sizing on these? I’m assuming at first glance these are too short for 6’3ish and 215. Not familiar with this ski.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
How’s the sizing on these? I’m assuming at first glance these are too short for 6’3ish and 215. Not familiar with this ski.
Yeah, you might want the next size up.

TS
Scotty I.

Scotty I.

Skier
Okay. First and only price reduction on these - $525.00 shipping included (gulp).
If you are a person who needs the latest and greatest graphics, believe me when I tell you that 99.9% of skiers will have no idea what Blossoms are, never mind the graphics.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
we need to get these a new home. Such a great ski.

Yeah, if I hadn't already purchased the new Blossom AM85s, I'd be all over this.

Slide of Hans

Getting on the Red Chair
Skier
different skis for sure. the Blossoms are exacting and their race heritage shines through. these have no perceivable rocker. Anyone looking to refine technique will benefit. If I were to own a 80-something ski, these would be at the top of the list.

Are these a toned down, more approachable version of the Monster 88? I have to buy myself something for Xmas.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Are these a toned down, more approachable version of the Monster 88? I have to buy myself something for Xmas.

Depends on which version of the Monster 88 you're comparing. I would agree with @Ron if we're talking about the earlier generations, but the later version (last couple years) of the Monster 88 had less in common.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
@Noodler is correct, I was thinking more in general, but yes, the recent year iterations had more rocker and were more off-piste biased, the earlier versions were much more comparable. And, thats the version everyone loved :).

Edit: Note that Blossom scales their sizes so we are talking about the 178. It isn't as burly as the early 88's but more refined and just as capable

Last edited: