• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 Blossom Numero Uno N°1 RC

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I spent a full day and part of a second on the RC at Mammoth. This ski from SkiTalk's test fleet, so others posting above have been on the same ski. Still seemed like they were brand new, the top sheets were in great condition, I mean you can tune a ski but to have the quality of construction where the whole ski looks almost new after several other people have skied it attests to the build quality.

The conditions were firm in the morning (7:30-8:30), softer spring snow by 9-10, and messy and sticky by 11-12.

This ski felt very solid and planted to me, very smooth, yet very easy to turn quickly. Edge grip was rock solid, without feeling like I was locked into the turn. Short radius turns were great, but also quite versatile in turn shape, with amazing grip with higher speed GS turns. I could also release the tails and scrub speed or pivot if I wanted, though it's not exactly a playful ski. Bumps and off-piste took a little more deliberate movements; I probably would like the 170 better for this.

I once got a little in the back seat, it wasn't punishing but wanted to take off without me. It only took a quick pullback with my feet to get back in balance and continue into the next turn. You don't have to be on your "A game" to enjoy these, but if you do, it's very rewarding. I was also pleased at how well they cut through the spring slush.

I would never have thought this before, but I could see using a ski this width for a daily driver or teaching ski, even in the PNW. The review indicator of "Finesse" to "Power" at the start of the review says "Power" but that power is accessible with a little finesse. I never felt this was "too much ski" and I'm at the lighter side (5'10" and 150 lbs when I've had a large breakfast).

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I spent a full day and part of a second on the RC at Mammoth. This ski from SkiTalk's test fleet, so others posting above have been on the same ski. Still seemed like they were brand new, the top sheets were in great condition, I mean you can tune a ski but to have the quality of construction where the whole ski looks almost new after several other people have skied it attests to the build quality.
Yeah the Blossom top sheets are about the best in terms of maintaining looks.

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
I am coming out of hiding, and, very pleased to announce that the 170cm RC 1 from the Test Fleet has a new home on the east coast. Following a 5 year hiatus from skiing, mostly due to knee issues that were corrected via replacement, my intention was to ski this past year, but, Covid put a hold on that. My biggest driver to ski is that my grandchildren now ski and have been telling PopPop that he needs to ski with them.

I spoke with @Philpug about finding a carving ski as they had always been my daily drivers at Blue Man. Pa. My previous Blossom skis, the Hart Pulse, now reside in Phil's garage as he was a member of the graphic development team on that model. I am of the strong opinion that a 78 waist ski is that best all-mountain ski (for me), and, my old Pulse spent many days out west, damn few days I would have wanted anything else. I remember a Gathering at Jackson where the snow was east coast hard and cold, many struggled with wide skis, I just smiled with Blossom carvers.

I know that going to a 70 cm waist will diminish some versatility, but, my skiing will be limited due to a house move that puts me 2 more hours away form Pa. skiing, where. the smaller waist rules. There is no doubt the RC 1 will be a great ski for me, the descriptions of the performance put it squarely in my comfort zone.

Now I just need to get my butt into skiing shape. My hope is that the Gathering goers in 2022 will get the see the RDF 1 under my feet.

Sponsor