• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 Blossom Numero Uno N°1 RC

WadeHoliday

Out on the slopes
SkiTalk Tester
Seems this ski should be on my short list, is there a demo avail in this one? RC and SC both seem interesting, I'd get the 170 as my SLish skinny ski...

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Seems this ski should be on my short list, is there a demo avail in this one? RC and SC both seem interesting, I'd get the 170 as my SLish skinny ski...
We have the 176cm.

bob.knox

Booting up
Skier
Anyone have experience with the No1 GS vs the RC? The comments/reviews here make the RC sound like the ski I am after, but I need it to repeat these reviews on East Coast ice which has me leaning towards the GS. Looking to replace old Stockli FIS GS 183/R27 that demands too much effort for my 155lbs.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I have the 170 as a personal ski and will also review. From conversations with Phil, it appears they have scaled the flex patterns of the RC. The 170 has a softish tip for the first few inches, then gets progressively stiffer but the tips and tails are not stiff overall.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Long Term Update: Giggity! Today was my first day on the N°1 RC. Hopefully, it won't be my last. Condition at Mt. Rose begged for a ski like this today: firm, chalky packed groomers with softer stuff laying around. This ski is very confidence inspiring. Lay it over and it holds. Pull that uphill ski back a little bit and it tightens...tightens...tightens...but allows the tails to be released wherever, whenever you want. Transitions from nice groomer to skier packed lumpy-bumpy were uneventful. The ski is very quiet no matter the conditions I ran in to. This is a ski that I could see buying for myself.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Long Term Update: Giggity! Today was my first day on the N°1 RC. Hopefully, it won't be my last. Condition at Mt. Rose begged for a ski like this today: firm, chalky packed groomers with softer stuff laying around. This ski is very confidence inspiring. Lay it over and it holds. Pull that uphill ski back a little bit and it tightens...tightens...tightens...but allows the tails to be released wherever, whenever you want. Transitions from nice groomer to skier packed lumpy-bumpy were uneventful. The ski is very quiet no matter the conditions I ran in to. This is a ski that I could see buying for myself.

I am assuming you were on the 176? Blossom skis are scaled to length. This is a good thing but its really important to know which length is best for you. I am in the process of preparing my review but I agree, it is a really good ski, I just needed the 176 vs the 170.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I am assuming you were on the 176? Blossom skis are scaled to length. This is a good thing but its really important to know which length is best for you. I am in the process of preparing my review but I agree, it is a really good ski, I just needed the 176 vs the 170.
Yes, 176.

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I spent handful of runs on the No1 RC. The runs were on cut up chalky groomers. The RC sits slightly stiffer but about as demanding as my Stöckli AX. Key word on "slightly". It felt slightly heavier, and not as playful. Again, key word is "slightly". That said, compared to my SLs that I rode just before the RC, the SL are "much more" demanding and stiffer. Turn initiation on the RC was quicker, more immediate, than the AX due to the longer contact length, less rocker.

What does boil down to? I could see myself on these as a daily driver. They give me the near SL feel, but without the punishment. But, the AX has a magical property of just disappearing and I just think "go". That magic might be worth it next time I need to re-up. We'll see how rich I feel then....

Last edited:

JFB

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Great Shape is my daily driver for telemark and I finally skied the RC (170 cm, 71 mm waist,14 m sidecut radius) alpine-style. It was under sub-optimal conditions for a slalom ski. There was a bit of corduroy to be found but most runs had 8” of heavily wind-affected powder with wind berms, crud and cruddy moguls. They skied like slalom skis on the corduroy – easy initiation, very quick edge to edge, hooked up, loaded up, railed and released beautifully, easily generating short or long high-G turns. They were predictably not at their best in the heavy crud, as one would expect from a 71 mm ski, but were well-bahaved and big fun in the cruddy bumps. Fun, fun fun. Did I say fun, cause they were?

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So while @Philpug was out with BS celeb Bode Miller, I snagged these from the SkiTalk rack. With no new snow in the last few days I gotta say these were the perfect ski for the day.

I have to agree with the Ferrari feel from the very first turn to the last run in a variety of turn shapes. These skied fantastic regardless of a centerd foot or forward stance.
Fellow BS skier and ex NORAM racer and I share the same BSL so I put him for a run, WOW ! What a ride ! This from someone who doesn’t hand out compliments very often.

Angus Grizzly

Booting up
Skier
I spent handful of runs on the No1 RC. The runs were on cut up chalky groomers. The RC sits slightly stiffer but about as demanding as my Stöckli AX. Key word on "slightly". It felt slightly heavier, and not as playful. Again, key word is "slightly". That said, compared to my SLs that I rode just before the RC, the SL are "much more" demanding and stiffer. Turn initiation on the RC was quicker, more immediate, than the AX due to the longer contact length, less rocker.

What does boil down to? I could see myself on these as a daily driver. They give me the near SL feel, but without the punishment. But, the AX has a magical property of just disappearing and I just think "go". That magic might be worth it next time I need to re-up. We'll see how rich I feel then....
Can I ask...when you say the SLs are you referring to Stockli Laser SLs or Blossom No1 SLs? Cheers.

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Can I ask...when you say the SLs are you referring to Stöckli Laser SLs or Blossom No1 SLs? Cheers.
Rossignol SL FIS. I'm the lucky guy who stumbled into
FWIW... Non-racer background with dillusions of competence.

Can't remember right now. They're at the cabin. It's been 30+ days since, and I'm 10 days out from seeing them again.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
AA7F6957-5012-4EA4-9CB4-439AF0FB67EB_1_201_a.jpeg
tempImagemarQkV.png
Long term update:
It was all sunshine and unicorns until my back went out. In the two runs leading up to the weak link of some high number vertebrae, the freshly tuned Numero Uno's were pure bliss. When we were on out last trip the 176cm RC's were at Smoothrides to get a spa treatment, they received a beautiful techwave structure and a more than average but not overly aggressive 1*/3* tune which on the beautiful chalky Mt. Rose fresh groomers. Pure delight.

Blossom just has a knack for making quite smooth and supple skis. The N*1 RC is very well one fo the oldest ski and most duplicated skis on the market. We were very temped to make use this mold for the Sideral.

jpi

Booting up
Skier
Hello,

@Philpug
How is the ski edge hold on very hard snow, hard packed and icy condition (Eastern Conditions, Quebec Province). I am also looking at the Stockli Laser SC, Salomon S/Max 12 and Kaslte MX75 to tackle similar conditions.

Last edited:

Sponsor