• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 Blossom Tail Wind

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Tail Wind is the narrowest offering in Blossom's Turbo collection, but its construction has more in common with the narrower Numero Uno models than the White Out and Cross Wind. The Tail Wind isn’t just a White Out with a 3mm slimmer waist; it is stronger due to its construction, which is like a race ski. The Tail Wind is a great option for those who think the White Out is a bit pedestrian and are looking for a more powerful ski that has a quick turn-in but still has a playful side.

Insider tip: Use the money you save on the price of the ski to invest in a better binding.​

Who is it for?
Value seekers, those looking for a premium performance carver at a near-regular ski price.
Who is it not for?
Name droppers: unless someone is in the know, they have no idea who or what Blossom is.
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. Frontside
  2. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Moguls
Segment
  1. Men
  2. Women

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
154, 164, 172, 180
Dimensions
123-74-103
Radius
15.5m@172cm
Rocker profile
  1. Full camber
Construction design
  1. New graphics
Binding options
  1. Flat
  2. System

Superbman

Getting off the lift
Skier
Did you get substantial time on this ski?? Love to hear how it performed in different terrain.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Did you get substantial time on this ski?? Love to hear how it performed in different terrain.
Unfortunately we didn't but we did on the narrower N*1 RC which has the same construction. Knowing how the RC performs, we are pretty confident that under the feet of a fairly accomplished skier, I think the Tail Wind will perform up to all expectations.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Long term update: I got a chance to spend some more time on these recently. For me, all of the numbers add up, in a 172cm length and 74mm underfoot, I ideally prefer a ski with a mid teens turn radius and at 15.5m, for me, I cannot ask more than that. While, the 74mm is narrower than most skis here that we discuss that do not have some race pedigree they do not have a narrow ski nervousness.

Additonal note: While they might not have the beautiful structures of some of the other premium brands, the out of the wrapper tune of the Blossoms have been spot on and the skis have been skiing quite well.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Wait, so do they have race pedigree or not?
Good catch, they share some of the construction design is the Numero Uno but after spending more time on snow with them, they do feel more like a souped up White Out than a detuned Numero Uno. More to come after more time on snow (and other testers)

WadeHoliday

Out on the slopes
SkiTalk Tester
I skied the tail wind for a couple hours in the early season conditions at Mount Rose today, thank you Phil!

It is very supple and quiet, yet responsive. The length, shape and width all play very well together and it works well in blended short swing turns as well as medium to longer turns with more edge engagement.
call it my first day on skis so with that caveat it took me a moment to work through its desired application when not just workimg the shape, but steering.
I think the ski is a fun, solid and represents a great piste ski for a variety of skill levels.
I still ski off piste a lot on my short narrow ski so my only concern for my own skiing with this one is that the widest part of the tip is all the way at the tip and full contact. I tend to like a little slower engagement in Mixed condition, hard snow bumps etc.
my two favorite reference keys for this category are the DPS trainer in a 174 and kastle MX 74 which was my favorite skinny ski ever. Interestingly, the tip was more to my preference on the mx74 but the tail on the tailwind feels more friendly while being solid.
cheers.
wade.

Last edited:

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Is this essentially the same ski as the Pulse and Wind Shear?

bmwr69s

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Long Term Update: I got a chance to spend some more time on these recently. For me, all of the numbers add up, in a 172cm length and 74mm underfoot, I ideally prefer a ski with a mid teens turn radius and at 15.5m, for me, I cannot ask more than that. While, the 74mm is narrower than most skis here that we discuss that do not have some race pedigree they do not have a narrow ski nervousness.

Additonal note: While they might not have the beautiful structures of some of the other premium brands, the out of the wrapper tune of the Blossoms have been spot on and the skis have been skiing quite well.

Would love to hear your opinion of which Blossom - Tail Wind vs White Out vs No. 1 RC - would be best as an East Coast One Ski Groomer Carver. And whether or not a plate is required. Thanks

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Would love to hear your opinion of which Blossom - Tail Wind vs White Out vs No. 1 RC - would be best as an East Coast One Ski Groomer Carver. And whether or not a plate is required. Thanks
If you want a carver with a bit of versatility, I think this one would be. If you want a dedicated carver, the N*1 RC, and it you want to really go fast, yes a plate.

Sponsor