• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 DPS Pagoda Piste 94 C2

Olesya C

Always learning
Skier
Oh my these review made me covet them! I have considered all-mountain DPS skis a few years ago, was looking for a ski that is balanced, easy going in bumps and mixed snow, but can charge on groomers for ski trips out West. DPS annual sale is coming up!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Oh my these review made me covet them! I have considered all-mountain DPS skis a few years ago, was looking for a ski that is balanced, easy going in bumps and mixed snow, but can charge on groomers for ski trips out West. DPS annual sale is coming up!
This is a really really good ski.
You could come visit me and try it out this winter ;)

Olesya C

Always learning
Skier
This is a really really good ski.
You could come visit me and try it out this winter ;)
Good to know! I know, I keep thinking about coming out to ski lake Tahoe. :)

How do these compare to DPS Alchemist Cassiar 87? I have considered those a few years ago when I wanted an easy going all-mountain ski that is for out West trips. @Wendy and @Philpug suggested Cassiar 87

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Good to know! I know, I keep thinking about coming out to ski lake Tahoe. :)

How do these compare to DPS Alchemist Cassiar 87? I have considered those a few years ago when I wanted an easy going all-mountain ski that is for out West trips. @Wendy and @Philpug suggested Cassiar 87
The Pagoda Piste 94 C2 has a bigger sweet spot than the Alchemist Cassiar 87.
Although its bee a while since I've been on the A C 87 I recall it having a bit of chatter at speed, which is something I didn't feel at all with the PP 94 C2.
It is a bit more capable in a little deeper snow, crud and even in firm conditions when you get caught without freshies.

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
Chatter on the Cassiar 87's and 82's was a common complaint when they were pushed to high speeds on piste. The pagoda's have not had this same kind of feedback from all of the various testing sites. Truthfully I wish they were a little narrower (<90) but it doesn't seem to bother any of the testers, so the hell with it. #wideprideongroomers

Olesya C

Always learning
Skier
Does anyone know how it performs for someone who is not small sized? I am 6'1" 180+ pounds, so I am quite a bit bigger then @Tricia . Skis can perform/feel differently for us tall and big folks. I suspect I weigh more then Phil and more then a lot the skitalk testers other then the biggest and tallest ones.

@Andy Mink may I ask your stats (height.weight) for comparison purposes?

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Does anyone know how it performs for someone who is not small sized? I am 6'1" 180+ pounds, so I am quite a bit bigger then @Tricia . Skis can perform/feel differently for us tall and big folks. I suspect I weigh more then Phil and more then a lot the SkiTalk testers other then the biggest and tallest ones.

@Andy Mink may I ask your stats (height.weight) for comparison purposes?
When I skied the 94 I was about 220 and 5'10". It was very composed across varied conditions including some super bullet proof "snow". A super nice all around ski.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
When I skied the 94 I was about 220 and 5'10". It was very composed across varied conditions including some super bullet proof "snow". A super nice all around ski.
I thought you skied it this past winter as well, when you were closer to 190 lbs?
I could be wrong.
I'm sometimes wrong.

Olesya C

Always learning
Skier
Thank you for the information, that is very helpful. I am similar in my stats so it helps a lot to know that they skied well for you.

I am looking for a ski that is composed, damp but not quite so heavy like my daily driver Kastle FX85 HP and a little less work. I can ski the Kastle's well and like them but some long ski days it seems like they wear me out, I was fortunate to ski a lot this winter and quite a few first to last chair days.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Aaand I did get them on DPS annual sale, of course per @Wendy 's suggestions I am putting Look Pivot Gold bindings on them and also Phantom base treatment. I hope I like skiing them!
Oh you will like them!!!

Olesya C

Always learning
Skier
I came back to say I love my new DPS Pagoda 94 C2. I am very happy with my purchase! I got the purple model and yes, they are beautiful with the Pivot Gold bindings and Look Pivots are a great binding for me so far. I have skied 4 days on them, 3 days at Whiteface and 1 days at Jack Frost. The conditions ranged from softer snow in 40F weather to the mix of powder and scraped off "Iceface" slopes at Whiteface in 15-20F weather. I never wished I was on a narrower ski, they carve very nicely for a ski that is wider, also I love how easy it is to pivot/smear them. The tails release so easily, these are great when the soft snow gets bumped up towards the end of the day. I look forward skiing them in bumps when we have actual bump runs. They do great on groomers (even firmer ones!) and a little bit of powder I caught at Whiteface. I think this is the most versatile ski I have ever skied; it may become my daily driver even in the East or at least for warmer days in the East. I love how easygoing and comfortable they are!

The performance in soft crud and chop is probably to be expected from these but I was amazed how well they behaved on icy patches, very composed response for a ski with 94 mm width. I wasn't trying to edge hard on ice or anything, but still, no chatter not sliding out.

ETA: Thank you @Tricia and @Wendy for recommendation on these skis.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I came back to say I love my new DPS Pagoda 94 C2. I am very happy with my purchase! I got the purple model and yes, they are beautiful with the Pivot Gold bindings and Look Pivots are a great binding for me so far. I have skied 4 days on them, 3 days at Whiteface and 1 days at Jack Frost. The conditions ranged from softer snow in 40F weather to the mix of powder and scraped off "Iceface" slopes at Whiteface in 15-20F weather. I never wished I was on a narrower ski, they carve very nicely for a ski that is wider, also I love how easy it is to pivot/smear them. The tails release so easily, these are great when the soft snow gets bumped up towards the end of the day. I look forward skiing them in bumps when we have actual bump runs. They do great on groomers (even firmer ones!) and a little bit of powder I caught at Whiteface. I think this is the most versatile ski I have ever skied; it may become my daily driver even in the East or at least for warmer days in the East. I love how easygoing and comfortable they are!

The performance in soft crud and chop is probably to be expected from these but I was amazed how well they behaved on icy patches, very composed response for a ski with 94 mm width. I wasn't trying to edge hard on ice or anything, but still, no chatter not sliding out.

ETA: Thank you @Tricia and @Wendy for recommendation on these skis.
I'm so excited for you. I really love that ski.

Sponsor