• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 DPS Pagoda Piste 94 C2

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Andy Mink: I took this ski all over the mountain at Mammoth on a warmer day that produced some softer snow along with bullet-proof bumps, sugar-covered hard groomers, and frankly some of the hardest snow I've seen since leaving Pennsylvania. All I can say is the C2 94 was calm, collected, and solid in all conditions. Nothing seemed to throw it, though if I were to ski hard bumps all the time, I'd size down from the 185. I really enjoyed the Cassiar Foundation 94, and the C2 94 is every bit as good while being a bit lighter. Even with carbon, the C2 is smooth.

Insider tip: Do you spend more time in moguls? Go a bit shorter. Bumps not your thing? Size up and enjoy the added stability. Available in two colors.​
Tricia: Having been a big fan of the Cassiar/Uschi line at DPS, I was super eager to try the new Pagoda Piste 94 C2. This ski did not disappoint. With the combination of ash/aspen wood core and the Chassis 2 directional construction, I found this ski to be more like an instrument that wants to perform rather than a tool to use for a task. Pagoda Piste 94 has just enough width to float on a bit of fresh snow while its sidecut allows a fun carving experience when you need to slice through the chopped powder, or just happen to find yourself on a groomer day.
Insider tip: If you're looking for lighter and narrower, check out the Pagoda Tour 87 C2.​

Who is it for?
The skier looking for a solid off-piste ski that can confidently cover the front side, too. Are you looking for a Western one-ski quiver? Put this on the short list.
Who is it not for?
Deep powder skiers will do better with one of DPS's wider offerings.
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Moguls
  3. Off Piste
  4. Trees
  5. Touring/Backcountry
Segment
  1. Men
  2. Women

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
157, 165, 171, 178, 185
Dimensions
131-94-110
Radius
19m@178cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip rocker
Construction design
  1. All new
Binding options
  1. Flat

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Carbon in the layup lighter version of Cessair 94 Foundation, can any here comment on how it compares to the Cessair 94 Alchemist which can currently be found at discounted pricing?

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Carbon in the layup lighter version of Cessair 94 Foundation, can any here comment on how it compares to the Cessair 94 Alchemist which can currently be found at discounted pricing?
Unfortunately I never got on the 94 Alchemist. I really like the Foundation layup though. I was on one of the earlier version Alchemist models, maybe in the Wailer lineup, and I'd have to say DPS is getting closer to the non-digital, on-off, feel the original carbon layups had. They were very light but pingy? These were much damper and smoother than I would believe a ski with carbon would be, yet are still very lively and easy to toss about.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Long term update: This was my first time on the new Pagoda constructed 94 C2 and I can say with confidence that is the best DPS ski I have ever skied. For a 94mm wide ski in a 185cm length the balance of nimbleness and playfulness combined with speed and confidence is nothing I have ever felt from a DPS up to now. We have been skiing the same groomed over snow at Mt. Rose for over a week and by now it would usually show a skis weaknesses but not the Pagoda Piste 94 C2, this ski just ripped around kicking names and taking ass. If I had to have one knock against the Pagoda is that it is a bit noisy in rougher conditions..kinda a carbon resonation but thats about it but that is on par with being on a hot date and complaining that they were eating crackers in bed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Long term update: I skied this for a run during ski testing which left a very good impression, but recently had the privilege of spending the entire day on it skiing with a group of other women. I was quickly reminded of why it left a favorable impression.
When Phil speaks of nimbleness and playfulness he's not kidding. This ski inspired my naughty side, which could be why I poached a line through the moguls in front of a couple 15 year olds. When some of the scraped off areas (we need snow) could have been dicey after dabbling in the wind buff and soft edges, it was rock solid and never let me down. There was no point in which I wished I was on a different ski. Where Phil talks about the slight noisiness in rougher conditions, well, I didn't experience that, but maybe its because he's traveling at a faster speed than I am.
I especially like how this brings out the naughty side of me.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Long term update: Christmas week served up some much needed fresh snow, not so much that I needed a powder ski but just enough that a carver wasn't the weaopn of choice. The DPS Pagoda Piste 94 continued to bring out the naughty side and kept me skiing longer days than I've been skiing earlier in the season.

yizzung

Booting up
Skier
Sounds like fun. Any thoughts on how one might be able to take these for a spin around Northstar? Granite Chief no longer sells/demos DPS unfortunately... Only local dealer seems to be Alpenglow but I think they may focus on the touring stuff.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
:geek:

So what you're saying is that it's less important to have this ski on your own feet than to be with someone else who does.
The way I see it, it is a win/win ;) .

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Long term update: The day prior Squaw has some mist and rain at lower elevation then a freeze over night. After the wet, we saw some snow for dust on crust low but up top was skiing pretty well with heavier snow 6-8" where were skiing on East Wall. So, how did the Pagoda Piste handle it? Well, lets just say it passed the Steadfast Test with flying colors which means there was no other ski I would have preferred to be on skiing from the dust on crust to the heavier snow on the steeps. DPS truly has a winner with this Pagoda construction and with the 94mm C2 a winner that can handle almost anything that you will throw at it.
The Pagoda Piste 94 C2 is the perfect answer to why there is a 90-95mm Category and far from "pointless".

CDA89A08-0BE4-4996-AFDE-A753F027371B_1_201_a.jpeg

Prosper

This is the way.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Any significant difference in performance between the Cassiar Foundation 94 and the Pagoda Piste C2 94?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Any significant difference in performance between the Cassiar Foundation 94 and the Pagoda Piste C2 94?
Yes. The Pagoda is much more solid and refined without limitations.

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
Anybody else had a chance to ride these? They're on my shortlist of ski's i'm interested in. Think they'd be any good in the northeast on groomer?

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Anybody else had a chance to ride these? They're on my shortlist of ski's i'm interested in. Think they'd be any good in the northeast on groomer?

So I guess my posts in your East Coast Skis thread didn't sway you one bit? A 94mm ski as a groomer ski?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
To be fair, the Pagoda Piste 94 C2 is really versatile. If you want a one ski quiver, this ski will do a lot of things really well.
That being said, when we took a trip to Sun Valley and Big Sky last month I took my K2 Disruption MTi for groomer days, the Pagoda Piste 94 for mixed conditions and the Rossignol Rallybird Ti for deep days.
I spent every day at Sun Valley on the K2 Disruption and every day at Big Sky on the Pagoda Piste 94. It was a good choice even though we didn't have any really good fresh snow and things were pretty boney at Big Sky.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have skied this on hard snow and yes I know what hard snow is... ;) If you want a 94 as a one ski, this ski is as good as any 94 on the market.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I skied the 94 on the hardest snow I've been on since moving from PA while at Mammoth last winter. It was the closest I've seen to blue ice. The ski was as good as anything on that yet worked well on the softer groomers, hard bumps, and chopped up leftovers. It would be at or near the top of the list for a osq anywhere.

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have skied this on hard snow and yes I know what hard snow is... ;) If you want a 94 as a one ski, this ski is as good as any 94 on the market.
Not a one ski by any means, since I have a pair of Laser AR's. I'm just fascinated with the build of DPS skis and got excited at the idea of them having a decent frontside ride for once. I don't need them by any means, just intrigued.

MNF

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier

Next year I was thinking of getting a do-everything ski for west coast trips that can handle some on and off piste fun. I was narrowing in on Enforcer 94. How would you compare the Enforcer and Pagoda as a west trip OSQ? Thanks in advance.

Sponsor