• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Never-Ending Faction Discussion

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thought of you when skiing them and thought -3cm will be perfect for you. I’m used to more forward mounts and -2cm was good but would be happy at -3cm too.
Stöckli mounts even further back than my eTitan so it will look short up front. Not to worry, they haul! Bases as quick or faster than the Heads too.

I have put them on the floor, stepped on them and decided no way I am mounting them further up than -3. For me, the tails even at -3 are ridiculously long :ogbiggrin: :ogbiggrin: For me, to feel as on "normal" ski I will need to mount them like full 10 cm behind the Candid line. And even then the tails are still too long. There will be some learning curve involved in this whole affair that's for sure.:ogbiggrin:

Oh by the way, you were right. Even at 92mm undefoot they do not feel or look fat at all. Their narrow tips make them look more slender than they are. I like the shape very very much.
As for the tune- 1/3 should do the job methinks, yes?

Last edited:
TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I have a 1/3 tune sharp tip to tail up to the widest taper points and smooth above that. My bases were flat on all my CT except for the CT 2.0 both being a hair edge high. Couple light stone passes and they were perfect. Have 1/3 on those too.

Only a 2mm difference between tip and tail hence the more centered mount point. More directional as they go wider and the CT mount points move further back.

With the “traditional” -3cm mount on the CT, you can drive them like the skis you’re used to. Till you take them in bumps and the pivot way easier. Know you’re not a bump guy but try them in there and you might become a mogul fiend! Haha

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Know you’re not a bump guy but try them in there and you might become a mogul fiend! Haha

Highly unlikely as you cant really ski medium/long speed turns at Mach Looney in moguls. Or so I am told. :ogbiggrin:
But anyway, very much looking forward to try these in less than perfect carving conditions. With these short and narrow tips they should be real fun around the bumps. And feel stiff enough to drive them through bumps-my SOP in the afternoon.:ogbiggrin:

BTW build quality is very nice.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
You can tell it comes from a solid production plant. The textured top sheet and semi cap tip/tail are great for resisting scratches too. My year old CT 2.0 still look new.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
On my way to test the 188cm CT 2.0 in 10cm of overnight snow that was rained on and now it’s plus 4C degrees out. :popcorn:

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
So far so good on the 188cm CT 2.0! Little more damp and more stable. Reminds me of S Class Mercedes over the crud-Damp but not dead and hold a great edge.
F3AD9A54-5B9C-434A-8F7B-468F7A603162.png

Rained a bit this morning so the snow is slow but strong wind at your back going down which helps as only the smaller 480’ vert hill open so far.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
-2cm on the CT 1.0 but -1.5ish on the CT 2.0. Pondered going a bit further back but wanted the heavier 188cm to still feel playful. Seems perfect for my size.

Flo

Getting on the lift
Skier
Word on the street is that Faction CT série will come to an end after this season.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Word on the street is that Faction CT série will come to an end after this season.
Yes, Candide doing his own line away from Faction and Faction replacing the CT with a new “all mountain freestyle” line along with the Prodigy I hear.

Don’t know if I should stock up on 21 or wait to see if those 2 options might be good.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Had the 190cm CT 3.0 out today as there was some snow overnight and was dying to try them out finally. With their stiffer flex and lack of rubber dampening, they feel a bit more lively and have a lower swing weight than the 188cm CT 2.0.
Very stable at speed and were lots of fun in the side stashes of fresh snow. Can’t wait to get them in deeper snow on a real hill.

Have tried out all my new CT skis now and love them all. The 2 lengths of the CT 2.0 and CT 3.0 are different enough in feel that I’m keeping all of them.

Christer_S

Booting up
Skier
Tested my new CT 1.0 183cm last weekend in Lindvallen, Sweden, bought them after reading this tread back in August :)

have to say i'm very impressed, not used to skis with centred mountingpoint but had no problem with it, they are mounted with Warden13 demo bindings so can go both to the line and back 3cm

Very easy to ski, great edgegrip but still easy to release and very stable and damp at speed, doesn't feel as stiff on snow as it is to handflex, easy to bend to shorter carves but still stable when going straight, so far one of the best allround skis i have ever skied.
I'm 192cm and 90kg so they feel short in front of me but damn they are good.
The other skis in my quiver is K2 Supercharger and Armada Tracer 98, and i think my K2 will be very dusty or sold in a near future because the CT1.0 have same edgegrip but better stability when going straight and much less work to ski and a much better ski when the conditions change.

My daugther also tested it and really liked it, she skis Faction Prodigy 1.0X in 170cm but didn't want them back after ;)
She's 178cm tall and 60kg and an intermediate skier but had no problem with the 183cm CT1.0 :)

// Christer

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
@Christer_S Glad to hear you’re liking them!!!

Was actually semi nervous trying mine out for the first time as I’ve recommended them to so many people now and was happy to see how good they were too. Glad I got backups of the 183cm CT 1.0.

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Tested my new CT 1.0 183cm last weekend in Lindvallen, Sweden, bought them after reading this tread back in August :)

they are mounted with Warden13 demo bindings so can go both to the line and back 3cm

Very easy to ski, great edgegrip but still easy to release and very stable and damp at speed, doesn't feel as stiff on snow as it is to handflex, easy to bend to shorter carves but still stable when going straight, so far one of the best allround skis i have ever skied.
I'm 192cm and 90kg so they feel short in front of me but damn they are good.
The other skis in my quiver is K2 Supercharger and Armada Tracer 98, and i think my K2 will be very dusty or sold in a near future because the CT1.0 have same edgegrip but better stability when going straight and much less work to ski and a much better ski when the conditions change.

I have a pair waiting for bindings to arrive, so I will ski them soon. I am similar height as your and a little heavier. What mount point did you ski them at?? I have fixed bindings so going with -3. If you move them report back your experience. Or glad to hear your thoughts on mount point, you commented but did not say where you set them when you skied them

I have skied the K2 Supercharger (2019 one, discontinued now) and was very impressed with that ski. Felt like a race ski in terms of grip and how much you can lean on it. I would expect very different skiing experience, carver vs freestyle ski. Were you on the older model, more of an all around carver than race carver?

Christer_S

Booting up
Skier
I have a pair waiting for bindings to arrive, so I will ski them soon. I am similar height as your and a little heavier. What mount point did you ski them at?? I have fixed bindings so going with -3. If you move them report back your experience. Or glad to hear your thoughts on mount point, you commented but did not say where you set them when you skied them

I have skied the K2 Supercharger (2019 one, discontinued now) and was very impressed with that ski. Felt like a race ski in terms of grip and how much you can lean on it. I would expect very different skiing experience, carver vs freestyle ski. Were you on the older model, more of an all around carver than race carver?
I have the 2018 Supercharger and i think they are all the same just different colours, mine needs to be tuned because they are used for 2 seasons without service!! And i would say they are a friendly racecarver.

I just messaured and with the bindings as far back as possible i’m 2,6cm behind the line, i tested there and 1,5cm back and prefred it at 2,6cm, so if you are most on groomers and dont ski switch i would suggest to mount them at -3cm

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online