• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Never-Ending Faction Discussion

Larsf

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Will a 90mm brake work on a CT1.0 mounted at -3? Thx.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
There’s a local at my hill who skis backseat with skis together like he’s Stein and he would probably do well on a mono!
Funny thing is he has a quiver of carving skis that never get carved….

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
and he would probably do well on a mono!

Exercise your sales genius?

1640554652134.png

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Didn’t know they went to new graphics this year. Thought it was the spaceman still.

12D2F5B1-6F73-44FC-98ED-BB17FB79BB02.png

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Stein was a champion Alpine racer for years, lotsa wins. An elite recreational skier. He carved by a distinctive rotation, very fast, very sure-footed. Beautiful. On edge all the way. Hard to keep up with, for most; especially for anyone not straight-lining. (I skied with him a number of days, as we skied the same Ruthie's Run at Aspen one winter, for days in a row, same time each day.)

HIs skiing just stood out. Same as Candide's does now.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Stein was a champion Alpine racer for years, lotsa wins. An elite recreational skier. He carved by a distinctive rotation, very fast, very sure-footed. Beautiful. On edge all the way. Hard to keep up with, for most; especially for anyone not straight-lining. (I skied with him a number of days, as we skied the same Ruthie's Run at Aspen one winter, for days in a row, same time each day.)

HIs skiing just stood out. Same as Candide's does now.
My buddy just has his skis close together and has that “pre-shaped ski” style that’s both A-no where’s close to the skill Stein has and B-not utilizing any of the advancements of all his modern skis. He backseat skids regardless of the ski he’s on.
We call him Elvis with his hip shaking ski technique! Lol

R2-Ski2

Booting up
Skier
just bought the CT 1.0 in the 158cm (im not a tall guy). Pairing them with a set of attack 14s. pretty stoked to see how they perform after reading all these posts! I'm mostly skiing on the east coast, and gonna be using them as my "all mtn" sticks but primarily in the park. Im coming off a pair of 2019/2020 Line chronics which loved but were at times way too soft for tougher conditions, so the stiffer flex on the CT 1.0 is a big draw for me too. I am wondering though why i cant find this ski in many places online (i got the gray topsheet 1.0)?

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
just bought the CT 1.0 in the 158cm (im not a tall guy). Pairing them with a set of attack 14s. pretty stoked to see how they perform after reading all these posts! I'm mostly skiing on the east coast, and gonna be using them as my "all mtn" sticks but primarily in the park. Im coming off a pair of 2019/2020 Line chronics which loved but were at times way too soft for tougher conditions, so the stiffer flex on the CT 1.0 is a big draw for me too. I am wondering though why i cant find this ski in many places online (i got the gray topsheet 1.0)?
Like most skis, the CT line gets stiffer as they get longer but the CT 1.0 of similar length is definitely stiffer tip/tail than the Chronic. The 158cm seems short unless you are around 5’2”/100lbs or so.
Know the Chronic started at 164cm so if you are 120lbs plus I’d be going the 165cm version of the CT 1.0. Even mounting -3cm for a more traditional skier, they are super easy to pivot and the longer length will be more stable.

Skis.com still have stock of the 21 CT 1.0 in all lengths at deals. Most places have the lighter 22 version in brown as they have sold out of the 21 versions.