• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

The Never-Ending Faction Discussion

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
The-House.com back to decent 21 CT 1.0 pricing again. 25% off the reduced $509 price so it comes to $384.95 US now with the Quarters coupon code.

chasinghorizons

Putting on skis
Skier
The-House.com back to decent 21 CT 1.0 pricing again. 25% off the reduced $509 price so it comes to $384.95 US now with the Quarters coupon code.
Skis.com also has them for $399 and if you use the FLASHSALE promo code it comes to $328... I am staring at a pair of 165s in my cart right now... But I really don't need anymore skis... And if I did get another pair I'm torn between CT 1.0 165 vs. Dictator 2.0 163 (I already have D2 in 155 and love it but think it's just a bit short...)... Ahhhh

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Skis.com also has them for $399 and if you use the FLASHSALE promo code it comes to $328... I am staring at a pair of 165s in my cart right now... But I really don't need anymore skis... And if I did get another pair I'm torn between CT 1.0 165 vs. Dictator 2.0 163 (I already have D2 in 155 and love it but think it's just a bit short...)... Ahhhh
Didn’t know that Skis.com has stock of CT 1.0 still as it was supposed to all go to The-House.com I was told. Definitely ignore The House.com and go to Skis.com everyone!!

The CT 1.0 will be a bit different ski with the twin tail, more forward mount and it’s a bit narrower as it’s more similar to D1 width. That being said, the CT 1.0 has more weight behind it along with more dampening materials so it’s an even quieter and damp ski and actually has a longer effective edge when fully tipped over. Easier to pivot when flat or on a partial edge so more fun in bumps or off piste. Not great float though as it’s tip is still pretty narrow.

At that price, you could always try them both out again and sell the one you like less or keep both! Attack2 13 bindings here in Canada from around $120 US if they don’t have deals on skis.com.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Just tried to order from Skis.com and won’t allow to be shipped into Canada without a “middleman” like The-House.com

Truberski

Getting off the lift
Skier
Was thinking earlier today about the original Blister Review podcast I heard back in 2020 about the changes to Manufacturing of Faction skis but knew I was forgetting about the crucial staff changes just before that. Gave it another listen and it REALLY makes sense why these skis were so different from their previous skis and why they carve and perform so well.

Josh Cohen the Product Manager who has been with Faction since the beginning(2006) said that the 2 most important events in Faction’s history were signing Candide Thovex and bringing in Engineer Daniel Tanner around 2018.
Daniel worked for Fisher Skis from 2004-2007 and was responsible for creating the first symmetrical twin tip ski. He then was one of the 8 staff members that restarted the Kastle brand in 2007. He then went on to work at Scott from 2010 until he got a call from the Faction CEO to come work for them around 2018.
Daniel then brought in Oliver Binder who was the Co-Founder/R&D Director/Head of IT and Head of operations at Kastle from 2007-2015. Oliver is now the lead Engineer at Faction skis.
They also brought in Sara Asmoarp who was a former Volvo engineer who is now Faction's full-time Quality and Sustainability Manager.

So 2 Engineers responsible for designing and creating all the original Kastle MX 78, MX 88 MX 98 and RX skis are now creating skis with the feedback of one of the best Freeride skiers out there. They were focused on making skis that last and not having the reliability issues that plagued older Factions so over definitely “over spec’d” the 21 versions. Then the vast experience within the Fisher ski manufacturing plants helped their designs come to fruition.

So I’ve always thought of the CT 1.0 and CT 2.0 as “twin tip all mountain carving” skis and seeing as they came from the minds of the engineers who created the Kastle MX 88 and MX 98 it now makes even more sense!
Too bad there was not better design to marketing coordination. I‘m sure there were lots of disappointed park rats/Groms who wanted typical park ski design and lots and lots of potential fans who never had the ski on their radar. Guess this one year design is the Betamax, EV1, Segway of skis!

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Too bad there was not better design to marketing coordination. I‘m sure there were lots of disappointed park rats/Groms who wanted typical park ski design and lots and lots of potential fans who never had the ski on their radar. Guess this one year design is the Betamax, EV1, Segway of skis!
Exactly what happened. Park skiers are now buying the Prodigy line instead as that’s what all the team pros are on and it’s actually heavier than the 22 CT or Mana skis now.

When I was out West last year, many Faction dealers weren’t even going to bring in the Mana line as the Prodigy line outsold it so much.

Had Blister reviewed the 21 CT line, we’d be on year 3 of heavy builds this year I’m sure.

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Just ordered a pair from skis.com. Which bindings if I want to play with mount points? I'll most likely start with -2.

chasinghorizons

Putting on skis
Skier
Didn’t know that Skis.com has stock of CT 1.0 still as it was supposed to all go to The-House.com I was told. Definitely ignore The House.com and go to Skis.com everyone!!

The CT 1.0 will be a bit different ski with the twin tail, more forward mount and it’s a bit narrower as it’s more similar to D1 width. That being said, the CT 1.0 has more weight behind it along with more dampening materials so it’s an even quieter and damp ski and actually has a longer effective edge when fully tipped over. Easier to pivot when flat or on a partial edge so more fun in bumps or off piste. Not great float though as it’s tip is still pretty narrow.

At that price, you could always try them both out again and sell the one you like less or keep both! Attack2 13 bindings here in Canada from around $120 US if they don’t have deals on skis.com.
I really love the energy and precision of the Dictator 2 though... Would you say the CT is similar in those aspects as well? Carving the D2 feels like I'm popping off a trampoline, and I feel like it's always eager to go fast while still being easy to control. Only thing that isn't great is on refrozen ungroomed snow I feel a bit like a ping pong ball... But not many skis would feel good on those conditions anyway...

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I really love the energy and precision of the Dictator 2 though... Would you say the CT is similar in those aspects as well? Carving the D2 feels like I'm popping off a trampoline, and I feel like it's always eager to go fast while still being easy to control. Only thing that isn't great is on refrozen ungroomed snow I feel a bit like a ping pong ball... But not many skis would feel good on those conditions anyway...
CT 1.0 is definitely your ski then!
Similar Poplar wood core(well known for a “poppy feel”) in both but the CT 1.0 adds damper, heavier Beech wood underfoot and rubber sheets tip/tail and underfoot. Similar camber height on both as well so the CT 1.0 will be a smoother, more solid feel that’s still playful with pop. Will be a more controlled trampoline and way quieter over hard snow with the rubber dampening.

Once of the first things I noticed when skiing my first 21 CT ski, is how much faster I skied while still feeling in control. The more you push them, the better they get yet are more than happy to putt around too.

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Just ordered a pair from skis.com. Which bindings if I want to play with mount points? I'll most likely start with -2.
Never really been a fan of demo bindings and find the mount points are very easy to pick on Faction skis based on your terrain/skiing style preference and previous/current skis you like.

More than welcome to DM me and I can guide you with mounts recommendations. Most skiers used to flat tailed skis are going to be around -2.5cm on the CT 1.0 unless you’re a larger traditional skier on the 183cm(go -3cm).

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Pic of the 178cm CT 1.0 mounted with Attack2 13 and the 165cm with 22 Attack 2 11 Bindings.
Was pondering Marker Squire 11 for the 165cm but went with the Attack 11 instead now that it’s now the same Delta as the rest of the GW line. It’s beefier than the Squire but still lighter than the 12 and up Attacks.

Both my friends are so excited for the ski season now!

41870466-4675-4F5D-AB47-B210F27F4A69.jpeg

TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
They are both hooked!!! Haha
Such great daily drivers when things are firmer that are still fun off trail or when things get rough in the afternoons.

Contact Momosports.ca to see if they will ship to the States as they still have 165cm, 172cm and 178cm CT 1.0 lengths for $450 CAN/$342 US!
Only one pair left in some lengths and no 183cm as I would have bought some for friends.

Might have to call them directly. No free shipping though especially if they will ship to the States though.
I bet if you could get a set from Skis.com or The-House.com close to $400 US with their free shipping in the US, would be further ahead waiting for deals from them.

Last edited:
TS
GregK

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Gregg, what is the general opinion on the Dancers?
Very good and has been a few reviews out there online already on them. They are very similar to 22 and 23 Dictator line which were toned down from previous versions that were “EXPERTS ONLY” as they were STIFF all around before. Can see why did the name change as the Dancer can now suit a lot of skiers.

Most use a poplar wood core but without the heavier beech of the thinner 21 CT models, 2 thin sheets of metal, a bit more taper than the CT and a flat tail with more traditional mount(moving forward now to go to “progressive and newschool/CT mounts).
They kept the turning radius a bit higher along with a more balanced flex pattern(a bit stiffer tip/tail and not as peaky underfoot) vs most of their competitors in this class.

So kinda that upper-middle weight class like the Peak, wider Salomon Stance, Kastle FX Ti and Rossignol Sender Ti models. Basically a lighter Enforcer that’s actually more comfortable with some speed with the longer turn radius. Won’t have the dampness of the heavier chargers but more forgiving and easier. A bit of the Faction/fun freeride feel in them too I’m sure.

Have considered a 188cm Dancer 3 myself. The thinner ones definitely won’t be as chargy as the 21 CT 1.0 or 2.0 so no desire there.

Have a few friends with the 22 Agent which is the touring version of the Dancer and they love them.

Last edited:

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Very good and has been a few reviews out there online already on them. They are very similar to 22 and 23 Dictator line which were toned down from previous versions that were “EXPERTS ONLY” as they were STIFF all around before. Can see why did the name change as the Dancer can now suit a lot of skiers.

Most use a poplar wood core but without the heavier beech of the thinner 21 CT models, 2 thin sheets of metal, a bit more taper than the CT and a flat tail with more traditional mount(moving forward now to go to “progressive and newschool/CT mounts).
They kept the turning radius a bit higher along with a more balanced flex pattern(a bit stiffer tip/tail and not as peaky underfoot) vs most of their competitors in this class.

So kinda that upper-middle weight class like the Peak, wider Salomon Stance, Kastle FX Ti and Rossignol Sender Ti models. Basically a lighter Enforcer that’s actually more comfortable with some speed with the longer turn radius. Won’t have the dampness of the heavier chargers but more forgiving and easier. A bit of the Faction/fun freeride feel in them too I’m sure.

Have considered a 188cm Dancer 3 myself. The thinner ones definitely won’t be as chargy as the 21 CT 1.0 or 2.0 so no desire there.

Have a few friends with the 22 Agent which is the touring version of the Dancer and they love them.

Sounds good. Perhaps I will buy a pair of the pink Dancers for my wife. At 150cm and 44kg one does not need a CT. :ogbiggrin:
Unless she sees the new Nela 88 in flesh (pictures don't do any justice to these) for then my friend we are doomed. :ogbiggrin:

Last edited:

Sponsor