• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 Fischer RC4 World Cup CT

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hi -phil, love the site. How do these compare to the Atomic x9 (the skinny one)...shop just told me mine will not take a tune anymore and thinking these might be the replacement. I like the x9 because it is relatively versatile in turn shape (@175) for a near race ski. Thx-g
These are closer to race ski performance that the X9 (which I really liked). Both skis offer a versatile shape but the Fischer raises it up a notch allowing your to also use a real race binding.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Comparison with the Head i.speed pro? Ideally both in a 180cm. Have a possible “in” with Fischer, and I’m intrigued. Of course love the i.speed. On my pair number 4, maybe 5.

Primarily big hill New England skier, at least would be on this ski. Groomers. Race hills. I’ve got a pretty solid race background and I’m “OK with my skiing.” Or at least I am in a normal year. All sizes of turn shapes.

5’10”, 215.

Thanks for any thoughts and insight.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Comparison with the Head i.speed pro? Ideally both in a 180cm. Have a possible “in” with Fischer, and I’m intrigued. Of course love the i.speed. On my pair number 4, maybe 5.

Primarily big hill New England skier, at least would be on this ski. Groomers. Race hills. I’ve got a pretty solid race background and I’m “OK with my skiing.” Or at least I am in a normal year. All sizes of turn shapes.

5’10”, 215.

Thanks for any thoughts and insight.
Birds of a feather between these two.
Toss a coin.

Hootbmx

Booting up
Skier
Hi Phil. Can you tell me how these would compare to the Blizzard Firebird HRC? I'm thinking of starting to race in NASTAR but haven't been on a race ski since I was 19 (I'm 54 now). Would also like the ski for just groomer days too. Both have a versatile turn shape it seems but being in Utah I thought the wider HRC may be more versatile.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
IMG_4038.jpeg
IMG_4039.jpeg
Long term update: I always look for a reason to get on the CT4 and today was no exception. This is truly a race bred ski and not just a recreational ski that has the "race style". To paraphrase Elwood Blues "It has race construction, race plate and race bindings, it was built after floros so it's fast on regular wax." Yep, the CT4 is for someone who doesn't have the need to make a days worth of turn in one run like a true SL or the need for 50 MPH high speed runs but DOES want the feel of that race room constructed ski.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
it was built after floros so it's fast on regular wax
Wait wait wait. Are they making changes to base material now because of the wax situation?

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Long Term Update: I've been looking at these skis in @Philpug's garage for quite some time now. They ooze purpose. The squarish tips, the tip-to-tail contact surface, the heft, the camber, the race plate with serious bindings, it all made me...apprehensive. I don't have much experience on skis with a singular purpose which requires skills which I may not possess.

I finally did try the K2 Disruption MTi and lived to tell about it, and had fun doing it, so the super groomer conditions at Mt. Rose teased me out on the Fischer. Damn! I should have done this earlier! I love to carve turns no matter what ski I'm on so this was a treat. Tenacious grip accentuated by a super quick edge to edge transition work together with the 15.5m radius to lay tracks, dig trenches, or whatever you want to call those flowing, skidless turns. The beauty is you're not limited to 15.5m turns; the CTs are just as happy making longer, less aggressive turns.

Though I'm sure there are those who could work these in conditions other than groomers or race courses, that is not their purpose. It was interesting watching snow come through the holes in the tips every time I went through a 2" pile of snow (and you do go through, not over, little piles).

If you love carving but don't want a full bore race ski, the RC4 CT should definitely be on your short list to try.

20210217_113509.jpg
30968.jpeg

BLiP

Out on the slopes
Skier
Any thoughts on the RC4 WC SC? These reviews of the CT sounds great, but I’d like something with a slightly tighter radius. Looks like the same/similar construction and same M/O plate with the Z13 binding.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Any thoughts on the RC4 WC SC? These reviews of the CT sounds great, but I’d like something with a slightly tighter radius. Looks like the same/similar construction and same M/O plate with the Z13 binding.
Sounds like you are answering your own question. If you want the tighter turn radius, go for it.

Sponsor