• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 Fischer RC4 World Cup CT

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Philpug: OMG, what a tool ... more like a scalpel, one with a specific purpose: To Lay Trenches. This ski just wants to be on edge and make arcs. While the CT is not a true race ski, it has many of those attributes. It is stiff, it is well built, and it has Fischer’s race plate with a medium 15.5m turn radius in the reference 175cm size. Getting this ski on edge is a treat, and the better and more technically proficient the skier, the more rewarding the RC4 CT will be.

Insider tip: While the plate will accommodate a demo/system binding, don’t insult the RC4 CT by dumbing it down with a lesser binding choice: a Z13 or Z17 is all but demanded to get the most out of the ski.​

Awards
Who is it for?
Technical skiers who want a race ski with a turn radius in the mid-teens; instructors who are going for their next level.
Who is it not for?
Tail pushers; skiers who are trying to fake it until they make it. No, you need to be at the grownup table to appreciate the RC4 CT.
Skier ability
  1. Expert
Ski category
  1. Race
  2. Frontside
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
Segment
  1. Men

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
165, 170, 175, 180, 185
Dimensions
113-65-98
Radius
15.5m@175cm
Rocker profile
  1. Full camber
Construction design
  1. All new
Binding options
  1. Plate

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
0F5DCCFC-29D2-40DD-8829-7946FE55555C.jpeg Long term update: The RC4 CT reminds me how much I like a 15 meter ski. It also reminded me how much I like a race ski construction, raiser plate, high DIN metal binding (Fischer Z17), good tune, 65mm waist... you get the idea. Yes, there are people who don't want to make a days worth of turns in one run (SL) or have to ski at mach speeds (GS) but they want the feel and performance option to mix up their turn shapes...enter the new Fischer RC4 CT.

There are some skis that you choose on turn shape and usually there are two to choose from, the CT is a ski that there could be three choices, short, medium or long. I chose the middle and went medium and I think it was the right choice.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
I've got 175s on the way. Looking forward to some blue wax groomer days.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I've got 175s on the way. Looking forward to some blue wax groomer days.
You will be glad you will be wearing a mask...because if it is blue wax cold, you will be smiling so much your teeth would crack from the cold if you weren't wearin' one.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
This ski looks serious.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This ski looks serious.
I think these weigh more than you.

IMG_3190.JPG Long term update: I skied these again today. What a fun ski. @Tricia does not like following me when I am on these, she is afraid of falling in my trenches. You are getting a real race construction in a 15.5 meter ski in the 175cm length.

This is a ski that anyone who enjoys the sensation of a pure carve should own at some point.

ren999

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hello everyone, I'm happy that I've found you :)

Does anyone know how these compare to the Rossi Elite LT? I had the latter last year in 182 length (I'm 188 tall) and, while they felt really great when I had space to let them roll and the piste was in good condition, it was a burden to ski them on crowded slopes after lunch, when the snow got piled up and I had to put them into some quicker, shorter turns. Actually it took all the energy I had to make some short turns at moderate-slower speeds. I have a pair of Brahmas with which I don't have any problem doing that.

Do the Fischer feel like they can do shorter turns without really having to put all your effort into it? I see that the radius is almost the same with the Rossi. I would love to find some race-type skis (not SL) that I could also ski when the slope gets crowded and the snow gets tricky.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hello everyone, I'm happy that I've found you :)

Does anyone know how these compare to the Rossi Elite LT? I had the latter last year in 182 length (I'm 188 tall) and, while they felt really great when I had space to let them roll and the piste was in good condition, it was a burden to ski them on crowded slopes after lunch, when the snow got piled up and I had to put them into some quicker, shorter turns. Actually it took all the energy I had to make some short turns at moderate-slower speeds. I have a pair of Brahmas with which I don't have any problem doing that.

Do the Fischer feel like they can do shorter turns without really having to put all your effort into it? I see that the radius is almost the same with the Rossi. I would love to find some race-type skis (not SL) that I could also ski when the slope gets crowded and the snow gets tricky.
IMHO, these are a step up from the Rossi, the tell tail is that these come with the new Fischer M/O plate with will take their best race bindings and the Rossignol just comes with the Konnect system, their consumer binding. As far as the slalom turn, you buy this ski depending on the turn you want to make. I know one of our local coaches has the RC4 CT in two lengths, the 185cm for open slope days and the 170, when he wants to make a days worth of turn in the first couple of hours on the slope (he also has some FIS SL skis too). I have the 175cm's in our fleet which sound like the turn you might be looking for, 15 meters.

ren999

Skier
Many thanks for the answer! Actually I have the Rossignol with the R22 plate, but indeed the binding is the consumer model. However, the Fischer does look like a step up, from the description and how they look. I think it's the first consumer model with an actual hole in the tip.

I was wondering if there are any GS-like skis that can also ski short without this being too much of a burden. I'm not a very strong skier and I don't feel safe making large turns on the bumps formed on the pistes in the afternoon, especially on crowded days. But, indeed, it may be impossible to have a strong 180+ ski that can still can do some short turns. Or maybe I should reorient to some piste dedicated skis, not necessarily the "racing" type?

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Fischer makes two other models that might work for you. The Curve model (or the Curve DTX model) and the RC One GT 86 (or something close to that name). The RC One comes in narrower widths as well. I have the Curve DTX in 178 cm (longest length for that model) and I would call it a cheater GS ski. It is a little less stiff than the top Curv model, and can easily make short radius turns by edging and flexing it. It is not a lot of work, its a very springee ski. The GT 86 felt very turny to me in 175, I didn't get on the longer one, but it shouldn't be drastically different. K2 made a supercharger ski that was turny, and most head super shapes or titan models are very carvy.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
You could try a bigger base bevel. That would give you easier slippage at low angles, but at the expense of delayed response. A less aggressive side bevel would also give you less grip on the hard snow, and corresponding willingness to let go of the pure-carved turn and ski a little more sideways.

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
I'm not a very strong skier and I don't feel safe making large turns on the bumps formed on the pistes in the afternoon, especially on crowded days.

This is not the ski for you!

In Fischer, yeah, check out the Curv DTX or Ti. Both are discontinued, but I'll bet you can find them.

ren999

Skier
Wow, thanks a lot for all the advice, I'm very happy that I found this forum!

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
Oh, I see that you are in Belgium, I think they still have the Curv in Europe. They also have the RC One GT 72 which could be a nice choice for you.

ren999

Skier
I’m afraid that the dtx may be a little bit short for me in long(er) turns, I’m 188 cm and not very light at at 85 kg. Also, I enjoy a bit of speed if the slopes allow and I love the stability I get from longer skis. Do you think 178 can be enough for that? Until now I skied on lengths of either 182-188 or the classic 165 slalom size.

I find it a little bit strange that the curve has two sheets of metal, more than 2.4 kg, and is still listed as forgiving and accessible. Also, the names are confusing. I see that in Europe there is the ‘curve gt’ and the ‘rc one 72’ the last one without ‘gt’. I’m a bit lost.

Many thanks again for the advice!

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
I'm sure I got the RC One 72 name wrong since we don't have it here. The Curv GT is a different ski from the others we've discussed.

gamiller7

Booting up
Skier
Hi -phil, love the site. How do these compare to the Atomic x9 (the skinny one)...shop just told me mine will not take a tune anymore and thinking these might be the replacement. I like the x9 because it is relatively versatile in turn shape (@175) for a near race ski. Thx-g

Sponsor