• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 Head Supershape e-Magnum

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Philpug: While the Magnum isn’t the ski that started the Supershape revolution, it is the model that catapulted it into the mainstream. Each generation of Supershape has had its darling, and in my opinion, this is the generation that the Magnum becomes the darling again. The Magnum has had staying power as the reference ski in the low-70mm category, which is getting popular once again. If you are looking for a good technical ski but don’t want a race ski -- or a near-race ski (e-Pro) -- the Magnum is your choice.

Insider tip: As with the last generation, unless you are a charger, err to the shorter of two lengths.​
Drahtguy Kevin: A new build, tip shape, and technology were introduced this year but the same secure, energetic, and smooth feel persists. Changing turn radius is a snap. The Magnum feels quick from edge to edge and eats up early-morning corduroy with ease. An already-strong ski is taken up a notch.

Insider tip: The Magnum ups its game in a shorter length than one typically skis.​

Awards
Who is it for?
Technical skiers; instructors going for Level 2 or 3.
Who is it not for?
Lazy skiers; there are plenty of other options for slarving around. Those who like to initiate turns from the heal will miss the fun.
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. Race
  2. Frontside
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
Segment
  1. Men

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
149, 156, 163, 170, 177
Dimensions
129-72-111
Radius
13.1m@170cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip rocker
Construction design
  1. All new
Binding options
  1. System

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Given the new construction, is it a better skis than 2020 i-magnum or a different ski?

EddiewillgetL3

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Given the new construction, is it a better skis than 2020 i-magnum or a different ski?
That's also my question. I also wonder if the new magnum is better on mogul?
Plus, if I think my old magnum is slightly too long for me, will same length on new e-magnum works well?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Better or different? How about both! And yes, better in the moguls.

Sponsor