• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 Head V-Shape V10

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Philpug: The V10 is the flagship of an all-new collection that splits the difference between Supershapes and Monsters. The V10’s reference size is 85mm underfoot, making it the most all-mountain of the top levels. The softer-than-Monster flex and wider-than-Supershape tip make the V10 a very easy ski to engage into a turn and fun at slower and all-but-the-highest speeds. Head nailed this new shape that is nothing like the other offerings in this class.

Insider tip: If you cannot afford a Renoun Z-90, here is your new bargain alternative.​

Ron: At 85 underfoot, the V10 is much easier than the Titan. I draw the comparison to the Titan only as a reference point for the width and some general commonalities. Like the V8, the V10 is super easy to ski but has a high level of performance and exactness. Compared to the Titan, it is much less demanding. It likes to turn even more and is much more playful but still provides a huge range of performance. If you are a lighter skier or just don't want the ponies that are found in the Supershape series, put this ski as No. 1 on your demo list (maybe along side the V8?). Easy turn entry but still precise, the tail won't punish you but can hold a turn at speed. It can be drifted, too! The V10 still packs tons-o-fun and plenty of performance. I really liked how much fun this ski was while still able to dish out a high level of performance with plenty of stability. The V10 has a bit more all-mountain ability but not nearly as much as the new Monster 83 (see review). Of the two V-Series skis, I preferred this one.

Insider tip: The V10 delivers a surprising level of performance with considerable ease.​
Doug Briggs: I hadn’t skied Heads lately, and after skiing this one I kind of regret it. I really enjoyed these skis. They are turny and stable at speed. You can ride them fast and furious, and they will just say, "That’s all you got?" I didn’t get to ski them in softer snow, but I suspect that with their 85mm waist, they do quite nicely in crud and off piste, too.

Insider tip: Fun, stable, and boy do they want to turn.​

Drahtguy Kevin: The V10 is billed as a “Titan Light,” and it is. A big shovel makes it easy to carve precise turns, and it isn’t overly demanding to pilot. Advancing intermediates will like this ski’s forgiving nature and ability to make a variety of turn shapes.

Insider tip: The V10 would make an excellent instructor ski.​
Review updated from 2020

Awards
Who is it for?
Those who like to turn … a lot.
Who is it not for?
Probably not the best choice for Clydesdales, hard chargers, or those who don't like to have their skis on edge. Bigger and stronger skier; fret not, Head makes the Monster 83/88 for you.
Skier ability
  1. Beginner/Novice
  2. Intermediate
  3. Advanced
Ski category
  1. Frontside
  2. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Off Piste
Segment
  1. Men

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
163, 170, 177, 184
Dimensions
139-85-121
Radius
13.6m@170cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip rocker
Construction design
  1. New graphics
Binding options
  1. System

chris1967

Booting up
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Awesome ski. Finally got to spend a few days on these in 177 length. Crushed groomers from morning icy hard pack to late afternoon sludge. Fun, fast, calm, predictable and manageable for my not expert skill level. Also pretty light and non fatiguing. These stay in the quiver.

Sponsor