• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 K2 Disruption MTi Alliance

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tricia: You’re going to hear a lot about the K2 Disruption line this year, in part because K2 has made some huge changes to it lineup and in part because these skis are so darn good. This is one of the skis in my long-term test, so I’ve had the good fortune to spend a lot of time on it, in a variety of conditions.

The 72mm waist implies that this is a performance groomer ski, and it is listed in K2’s Speed Performance category, but the times I met with changing conditions and needed it to step up, I was pleasantly surprised at how adept it is at slicing through cut-up and manky conditions. Would I pick this ski if we had a few inches of fresh? There are other tools for that, but I’d feel confident that the Disruption MTi Alliance will perform just fine if I were prepared for groomers and found a little new snow. This ski inspires me to be a better skier.

Insider tip: The K2 Anthem line will be better as an all-mountain ski.​

Awards
Who is it for?
The carving cougar.
Who is it not for?
Timid Trish.
Skier ability
  1. Expert
Ski category
  1. Race
  2. Frontside
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
Segment
  1. Women

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
146, 153, 160, 167
Dimensions
115-72-103
Radius
14.7m@160cm
Rocker profile
  1. Full camber
Construction design
  1. All new
Binding options
  1. System

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
C14EB557-CCC8-4869-854D-3768E121E371.JPG

Long term update:
With early season openings, serving up groomers I've had the opportunity to get on this ski several times, including today.
I'm not sure if its the quick edge to edge tenacity, or the overall power of this ski, but I find it quite easy to trust the edges power through turns, as well as seek out moguls.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Long term update: We just spent 4 days at Sun Valley Idaho, where the groomers are pristine, long and orgasmic. This ski is absofreakingloutly the dream ski for a resort like this. This is the ski for the conditions you get to ski a majority of the time.
If you're looking for a solid groomer ski, don't hesitate to snag this one!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsor