• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 Liberty Evolv 90 W

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tricia: Pinch me! Can a ski look this good and ski this good? Yes it can! This is one of the two Evolv skis that Liberty brought to the women’s side this year. Now I know what the guys were talking about. You quickly fall in love with this one, and it ends up being an obvious pick when you aren’t sure what the conditions are going to serve up. While it isn't really a carving ski, it carves pretty darn well and still does what it promises to do off piste and in the steeps. I had a chance to ski it in some chutes and moguls on a day that had a few inches of snow, and I kept saying, “Let's do that again!" I’m still trying to figure out how a ski can feel so nimble and calm and stable -- but that’s what the Evolv 90 W does.

Insider tip: If you’re looking for more of a frontside ski, check out the Evolv 84 W.​

Awards
Who is it for?
A skier looking for a fun off-piste ski that can still handle groomers.
Who is it not for?
Lemme think on that.
Skier ability
  1. Advanced
  2. Expert
Ski category
  1. Frontside
  2. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Moguls
Segment
  1. Women

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
151, 158, 165, 172
Dimensions
132-90-115
Radius
14m@158cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip rocker
Construction design
  1. All new
Binding options
  1. Flat

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Long term update: The Liberty Evolv 90W landed at SkiTalk.com with a super grippy tune which was ideal for the early season conditions. During a time when I was skiing on carvers thihs 90 didn't let me down when I decided to take something a little wider on an early December day at Squaw. The moguls under Red Dog had a few inches of fresh, but other than that bit of snow groomers were the staff pick.The team at Liberty definitely have something great with the VMT technology, add the fun shape of the Evolv line and this ski slays every day.

Sponsor