• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 Line Blade

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
zoooooooomg, this ski on corn/spring snow!!! FUN

I'm totally exhausted after skiiing the line blade today! best ski workout I've had in a short periode of time in a while, 0 liftline as we arrived after morning rush. Was laying down tight radius turns in the slush/slushbumpfest of conditions we had today, jumping piles, carving through piles etc. most fun was probably 30-35mph range but + ossues just straight lineing at 45mph through stuff when I tried (again surprised)

I expected it to be a bit hookey but I could surf it sideways into a slow 180 even going through piles of stuff sideways, kinda amazed.

2021-03-25 13.41.44.jpg

2021-03-25 13.34.40.jpg

2021-03-25 13.21.46.jpg

James

Out There
Instructor
A8D1060B-1E52-4516-993F-9463D5B28A4F.jpeg

I'm totally exhausted after skiiing the line blade today! best ski workout I've had in a short periode of time in a while,
Wow, crowded!
That’s why goid spring snow is almost better than powder. Nobody really cares, plus a. nearly inexhaustible supply. Unlike powder, it doesn’t change form into tracked out, packed out something else.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
View attachment 129269

Wow, crowded!
That’s why goid spring snow is almost better than powder. Nobody really cares, plus a. nearly inexhaustible supply. Unlike powder, it doesn’t change form into tracked out, packed out something else.

I don't know about "inexhaustible". There's always a "sweet spot" time period during the day when you get the corn and before it turns to outright slush. Some days in CO that can be only about an hour of time when it is in peak corn form.

D.H. Jensen

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hello, I am considering the Line Blade in a 181 cm length and am wondering about the mount point for that length. Blister measures the rec. mount line at -7 from TC., but I will be using these skis as a fun carver for primarily front side conditions. I am an old school skier with a race, coach, instructor background, that rarely skis switch and uses stiff race boots that allow me to drive skis from a forward pressure stance, so has anyone mounted these skis at -8 to -8.5 rear of TC. ( an extra -1 to -1.5 rear of the rec. line )? I understand that the rec. line is an engineering consideration but there must be some room to accommodate various ski styles. I seen the Line promo videos with Dylan Siggers but I don't ski like that, I'm never in the park, but viewing the footage from Ski Essentials with Bob on board approximates a closer carving style to me. We're even a similar size. All of my masters race skis are rec. mounted and within the -10.5 to -11.5 from TC., but this skis is potentially a radical departure for an old technical skier that wants to still ski aggressively , but with less effort. Your technical input and opinion would be appreciated. BTW. I'll be using the STH 16 binding because it has a high stack height and negates the use of any riser plates. Cheers!:ogbiggrin:

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
you could probably bump it -1 or -1,5, just measure the sidecut.

its not a race ski, and you cant drive it as a race ski though, and that will change it a bit and make it slightly less playful

its a fatty softer SL for slush & more snow conditions. slushfest on this is FUN.

(also have race skis and race boots for refernce) ;)

D.H. Jensen

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
you could probably bump it -1 or -1,5, just measure the sidecut.

its not a race ski, and you cant drive it as a race ski though, and that will change it a bit and make it slightly less playful

its a fatty softer SL for slush & more snow conditions. slushfest on this is FUN.

(also have race skis and race boots for refernce) ;)
Have you tried this ski at -1 to -1.5 from the rec. line? I'm trying to get a first hand opinion on the ride qualities at these mount positions. I've rarely mounted any of my skis at the rec. line - either moving back for flatter tail chargers and even moving forward up to +3 on my Volkl Katanas (2013/14 green ski vintage 191 cm skis) making the new mount point -10.5 rear of true center. And here the Kats excel at quicker turns for the bumps and trees. The Blade will used as a front side carver primarily, so directional stability at speed is what I'm after. Thanks :)

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Just a humble opinion, but you're looking at the wrong ski for the job you want addressed. The Blade is a great slush slayer, but as a dedicated frontside carver for a larger skier, there are better choices especially for firmer snow surfaces.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
yeah its a fun-haver, it doesnt like race ski speeds or to be driven super hard (allthough it handles my nimble 246lbs) well.

Sponsor