• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2021 New England Gathering discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
It’s still Maine. Can’t get people there when it’s nice and everything’s open.
Killington would be decent still.
Oh, it’s closed.

Maine is very often nice on September 14 and October 2. Sometimes a day or two in July is also decent. Other than than you pays your money and you takes your chances.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Was there an actual QC thread?

A.jpeg

B.jpeg

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
In the last ten days I have seen so many photos from friends and acquaintances showing how much snow is left in the Maine mountains. The weather that until today has been killing my bike season has really helped preserve the snowpack. Before Friday's rain there was still three feet of natural snow in the woods in the Rangeley area.

(@Philpug , I was trying to post this across to the pugski page but want sure how to do it smoothly.)

Screenshot_20200503-193838_Facebook.jpg

Ski&ride

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Hard to imagine how going for a hike would transmit the virus but the governor says so.
Which governor is that?

New York state parks stayed open the whole time!

I have to say that’s what kept my sanity intact.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Which governor is that?

New York state parks stayed open the whole time!

I have to say that’s what kept my sanity intact.

I dont want to rouse and rabble so i will say if you visit my state or i visit your state we are technically not allowed to go outside - although i hear there are varying degrees of enforcement and public shaming.

Ski&ride

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
I dont want to rouse and rabble so i will say if you visit my state or i visit your state we are technically not allowed to go outside - although i hear there are varying degrees of enforcement and public shaming.
Whatever you hear is “technically” incorrect.

I’m pretty sure you’re allowed to go out side in MY state of New York. Though if your “down here” means Maryland, you may have to wait for 14 days if you travel from far away.

But if your state happen to be Connecticut, I can visit “your state” and be allowed outside. (I live on the state border so keep track of policy on both state)

“Technically”, you’re not supposed to travel long distance. But for anyone live near 2 states, there’s no restrictions traveling across.

What will attract “public shaming” is for me to go hiking in Buffalo, which although within “my own state”, are a good 500 miles away!

But as I’m lucky enough there’s hiking within 10 miles of my house, I can enjoy hiking while satisfy both the letter and the spirit of the law.

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
In the last ten days I have seen so many photos from friends and acquaintances showing how much snow is left in the Maine mountains. The weather that until today has been killing my bike season has really helped preserve the snowpack. Before Friday's rain there was still three feet of natural snow in the woods in the Rangeley area.

(@Philpug , I was trying to post this across to the pugski page but want sure how to do it smoothly.)

View attachment 101564
It’s just crazy. We haven’t had many of those 70degree days with blazing sun April through now, and April had some snow which reflects the sun.
Here’s Stratton two days ago-
F905D286-C649-4D6B-B1D7-E5B7D662C892.jpeg
Almost never see that much snow on May 5th.
I wonder if lack of skiers and groomers has also helped preservation.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
This pic was taken yesterday - honest - by a friend with a house near the Loaf.

View attachment 102709
I took these photos of Solitude, UT yesterday (17 May 20). The trails at Sugarloaf appear to be far more consistently covered with snow!
solitude lodge 17 may.jpg solitude 17 may.jpg

This is a pano of Brighton and Solitude. Brighton to the left has more snow coverage being a little higher elevation, but that shot of Sugarloaf is pretty amazing. I hear Tucks is loaded with snow still. Is it closed to the public?
17 may bcc pano.jpg

Vince and I are toying with the idea of a two day trip to Beartooth Pass, MT in early June to ride their poma lifts. Maybe bring a tent for overnighting.

Last edited:

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Vince and I are toying with the idea of a two day trip to Beartooth Pass, MT in early June to ride their poma lifts. Maybe bring a tent for overnighting.
Oops, Beartooth idea may not fly unless updated guidance comes out from state of MT soon.

The March 30 Directive that stated travelers arriving from another state or country to Montana for non-work-related purposes undergo a 14-day self-quarantine has been extended through the end of the emergency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor